Thread: Free to a Good Home: Photography Magazines

Free to a Good Home: Photography Magazines

I'm moving and need to clear things out. I have about 80 back issues of Photo Techniques magazine (formerly known as Darkroom and Creative Camera Techniques) that I hate to just throw away so I'll give them to the first person who sends me an email message and agrees to pay the postage. From 1995 to date all years are complete (six issues per year) except one issue is missing from 1998 and 1999. There are miscellaneous issues covering the years 1986 through 1994 ranging from one issue (1986, 1988, and 1990) to 4 issues (1989). . I also have the Annual Special issues # 5 through 11 that the magazine published at the end of each year, with titles like "Mastering the Black and White Fine Print," "The Magic of Darkroom," etc.

I also have 70 issues of "Camera and Darkroom" (the American version) (also known in the 1980s as "Darkroom Photography") for the period 1987 through 1995 (the last year it was published, apparently it wasn't up to Larry Flynt's profit standards so he pulled the plug on it in 1995). These years aren't complete, for some years there are 11 issues, for a couple there are only 2 issues (1987 and 1988). Despite being owned by Larry Flynt's company, I thought this was one of the finest photography magazine ever published in the U.S

You can have either set of magazines or both if you'd like them both. I'll give them to the first person who responds and agrees to pay shipping from Tampa 33618. They are a terrific resource for anyone who is deeply involved in photography and especially darkroom work and I hate to see them go to waste so hopefully someone will want them.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Brian I'd be very pleased to take care of Camera and Darkroom. Will contatcyou of forum. Thanks for the offer.

Hans B.

Rats, you beat me to them, Hans! Thanks for thinking of us, Brian!

hi Brian ...

I will take care of the Photo Techniques Magazines,,,, thanks for your offer...

Please check your email..

dan n.

Hi guys...

I have bound and loose volumes of similar mags, no way I could throw 'em out. I'll do the same deal; shipping from Lutz FL (33558) by the pound or whatever, or you can pick 'em up. email john@livinonislandtime.com or call 407-433-0203.
    Also some LF gear, reasonable prices to a good home.

John Hicks

Mark Sawyer got there first with an email message committing to take them so they're his. The interest was certainly encouraging and I'm glad they won't be going to the dump. Thanks to all who responded.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Yay! I'll send you my address privately, and if you send me your street address, there's a print in it for you! Thanks, Brian!

John Hicks, it that you, the same John Hicks who previously posted in many photo forums? If so, welcome back, and how have you been?

I have a few old camera & Darkroom copies I came across in a box the other day - one of the better mags that was around. The good ones never seem to last long and the poor ones drag on forever...