Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: place to shoot

place to shoot

I second Darr's recommendation of Batsto Village. I don't live in New Jersey but Jim Rhoades originally suggested it to me for when I visited relatives in Moorestown and I've now been there three times. It's less than an hour from Moorestown. It's a great place for old, weathered but not decrepit, architecturally interesting buildings. I've gone on weekdays in the fall or winter and usually been almost the only person there. If you go to my website www.ellisgalleries.com and look in the Architecture gallery you'll see a couple photographs made there. The last time I was there it was fall and the leaves were turning, one of the few times I've wished I used color film.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

place to shoot

If you want picturesque areas in Jersey get tourist info off the internet. I think that's as good a way as any to get started. It's fun to be a tourist in your own area.

blanco_y_negro

place to shoot

Parks, train stations, railroad tracks, abadoned buildings, industrial facilities, cemetaries, decaying structures, fire hydrants, wharves.......

place to shoot

Not to encourage imitation, but as something to look at as a New Jersey native would be the book Urban Landscapes by George Tice. All photographs were taken in New Jersey with an 8X10 view camera.

place to shoot

Go back in time mentally and pretend you're Wright Morris. That was a man who found interesting photographic material whereever his feet landed him. When I grow up, I want to be just like Wright. That's assuming I ever grow up.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

place to shoot

Thank you so much guys,
    This is first time dealing with LF, and I've been using 35mm for 2 years. I would love to travel, but I just did not have many chances to go out to parks and so on. i wanted to try some landscapes.
    Anyway,
    I did not know there are so many places to shoot! I guess everything's there for me in my town, and around my house
    Like you guys said, i am going to start to shoot and do more pratices in my town.

Always best,
    Sean