Hello! I am interested to see what difference people have seen between TMax RS and Pyrocat HD developer. Currently, I develop 4x5 TMax 100 and 400 films in TMax RS using a Unicolor drum.

I am experimenting with larger formats - currently 8x10 pinhole, and soon a larger hyperfocal camera. I am trying paper negatives now to get a hang of things. I'd like to use Printing Out Paper for contact printing the 8x10 and larger negatives once I get some experience and move to film from paper negatives.

1) How do 4x5 Tmax negatives respond to TMax RS vs Pyrocat HD developers? I don't have an enlarger, so I would end up scanning these negatives for enlargements. Is there a discernible difference?

2) From what I've read, it is recommended to use POP with negatives with a large tonal range, such as TMax films developed in TMax RS. Is this true? If so, do 8x10 and larger films such as Efke and J&C films developed in Pyrocat HD have the tonal range to contact print well with POP? Thank you and best regards.

Mike