Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Output size on R2400

Output size on R2400

Ted, I ask jeff about just that . Should the file be the same resolution as the print and he said it's not necessary. You can print at whatever and the 360 dpi file will be fine.

Output size on R2400

Hi all,

Since it appears that I would do well to ress up my images from 10D files to 180 or 360 dpi, as from what i have read 720 dpi is overkill, then the question is, is the Bicubic setting in PhotoShop Cs the best setting to use? Skiping Bicubic Smooth and sharpen.
    I use PhotoKit sharpener, would it be correct to do the oputput sharpening, after I ress up?

Is there a program out there that would be a good step up in quality, that would not cost an arm and a leg?

Have read that Qimage is very good and better than photoshops, then again on this forum, have read it's worthless?

Any advise?

Dave

Output size on R2400

is the Bicubic setting in PhotoShop Cs the best setting to use? Skiping Bicubic Smooth and sharpen. I use PhotoKit sharpener, would it be correct to do the oputput sharpening, after I ress up?

To res up, the rule is to use bicubic, or bicubic smoother. I would use bicubic smoother. Why not just try it both ways and see if you can see any difference, and then report your results here?

And yes, I think you'll find that the consensus is that you should do output sharpening after adjusting to the final size.