Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lcd monitor

Abuser of God's Sunlight

lcd monitor

Dominique makes a good point. If color management is important to you (and if you're printing photographs it is) you need hardware calibration. Don't even bother with apple's or adobe's on-screen manual calibration systems. They're just as likely to make things worse as make them better.

LaCie offers a great option, at least for its high end monitors, called the blue-eye. it's a puck that looks just like the greytag macbeth eye-one, but it works with a special monitor cable that has a USB connection to the computer. It basically automates the process ... instead of you following the onscreen instructions and adjusting contrast and brightness and color channels, the computer just does it all for you while you kick back and take a little nap.

I don't have this ... my LaCie CRT can work with the blue eye, but I'm just doing it the old fashioned way wih my old greeytag macbeth eye-one. If anyone knows where i could get a used blue-eye system for starving artist prices, i'm all ears.

lcd monitor

thanks all,

that gives me some food for thought. Looks like Lacie monitors use NEC TFT panels just like they used NEC crts.

Being based in the UK we usually have to pay £'s for $'s so $600 becomes £600 which is not cheap.

Rip off Britain is alive and well...