Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: infrared film query..

infrared film query..

The filters used for IR are the same for LF as they are for 35 mm. My main hurdle was getting used to how to treat the Maco IR film. It's much slower than the Kodak IR film and you can't really use any filter beyond a Wratten 87 with it. I shot the Maco in 120 size and took copious notes on what I was doing before moving up to 4x5 & 8x10 IR. If you are looking for some exercises, try Hugh Milsom's book, Infra-Red Photography. However, he really doesn't get into the Maco films all that much, nor does he do LF IR. I don't make any focusing corrections for the IR filter. I take into account the filter factor when I meter. I'm stopping down considerably for my shots and the results are good enough for me.

infrared film query..

hey diane,
    i picked a odd way to get inot infrared..via lf. you'd think i should've start with 35mm or even 120. but seeing as as i don't have mf camera..i guess kinda goes out the window a lil bit!!hehehe! i used to shoot slides and i caught on pretty quick when doing slides...BRACKET! but i have yet to get out do some shots...i musta picked a bad time to start working with infrared here washington....because i can't get a clear day for nothin. i don't know if i mentioned this or not, but the filter i have is a r72. as far as adjusting the camera, i was told told to barely move a hair turn forward to account for the infrared affect. i would most certainly like share any that i get done soon with you....you seem like you really are into this. so i figured i share em with you and everyone else who may be interested as well. i am not going to get my hopes too high just yet, as i really don't have the vaguest clue as to what i am doing right now, so whatever images i may actually get are a learning tool in themselves! but that's all i have for now...hope to hear from you again! thanks!!