Thread: Sinar - Linhof adapter

Sinar - Linhof adapter

Dear friends

I have just got a new Sinar-linhof lensboard adapter. I use a Linhof Technika with a series of cammed lenses. A few weeks ago I got a brand new Canhma JMC810....and I love it !!! canham uses Sinar lensboards, and I dont want to remove lensboard already cammed for my Technika.
    The thing is - the adapter is not very precise, it actually wsont hold the lens. My expectations for a new Sinar product (even a small one) where higher than that.
    Does anyone has experiences with this confi.?

Thanks in advance

Sinar - Linhof adapter

I have an adapter like this and it is very precise but there are two different
    Technika lens boards one for the model III and an other for models IV V and
    Master and the SINAR Technika adapter only takes the one for IV V and Master.

Sinar - Linhof adapter

There's a buy on Ebay in China who sells Sinar-Technika adaptor boards. I bought one a while ago and it works fine - around $100.

Sinar - Linhof adapter

I had an expensive Arca-Swiss to Technika adapter that didn't hold the boards securely. The clamp only held a fraction of a mm of the board, and I was using OEM Linhof boards. Professional jealousy perhaps?

Sinar - Linhof adapter

All my Linhof boards are brand new from Linhof - i am the agent for Linhof in Denmark.
    Gudmundur - I actually met you a few years ago in Reykjavik. Tobbi from Beco drove me to your studio in the harbour.
    I was very interested in your Philips, and a friend of mine bought right after. Are you still there ?

regards

Sinar - Linhof adapter

I have a factory Sinar-Linhof adapter. It accepts all of my various Technika-clone boards - Nikon, Wista, etc. - but with two caveats. First, it can take a bit of fiddling to get the smaller board positioned properly so that it will fit under the lower bracket on the adapter board - it has to be just so, or it won't go in. Second, once the board is secured with the sliding bracket on top it's held securely, but there's a lot of stress on the lower bracket, which flexes out just a bit on its mounting screws. I don't know whether over the long run the screws that secure the lower bracket will break from the stress - time will tell.

Sinar - Linhof adapter

Are your Technika boards original Linhof ones, or generics?

I use a Norma-era adapter board, which as far as I can tell was made by Sinar. Genuine Linhof boards with the crest are very tight in it, both laterally and in thickness. Generic boards (the ones sold by Robert White) have more space around the edges and are not as hard to clamp down. I'm in Lund: give me a buzz if you want to have a play or borrow it for a short while.

Sinar - Linhof adapter

I just checked another adadpter I had in stock, htis works perfect. Why didnt I think of that ??
    I think I´m gonna spend a fortune on polaroids this evening.
    Till Struan: Tackar for dit erbjudande, men som sagt fungerer det nu. Jeg avholder et Storformat seminar/workshop på lördag d. 12november, kommer du ?
    Du kan se mere på www.photografica.com

Regards

Sinar - Linhof adapter

Martin, I'd love to be there, but my kids seem to think the ducks in the local park will starve if we don't throw bread at them every Saturday. Glad you got an adapter that works.