Thread: 10" square bellows at the lens board

10" square bellows at the lens board

Everything's okay with using the resurrected lens elearning.winona.edu/staff_o/jjs/2.jpg on a Century studio camera, however I am hoping Net Wisdom (that's y'all) can point me to another cameras that uses a bellows of at least 10" square at the lensboard. I guess I am dreaming that I might find one for the bellows alone to make my own kind of rig. (Remember, I'm a poor cheapskate!)

TIA as usual.

Look on eBay for an 8x10 enlarger for cheap? Or a process camera? Buy it for a song, then ask them to ship you only the bellows.

Heck, I don't know -- I wouldn't cooperate with that if I were the seller, since the idea is to avoid the expense of scrapping the item myself (in part)...

Say, maybe someone can sell you a used concertina...
    If a contact print at arm's length is too small to see, you need a bigger camera. :D

Look on eBay for an 8x10 enlarger for cheap? Or a process camera? Buy it for a song, then ask them to ship you only the bellows.

Oooooh! Good idea! But I agree with your (unquoted) disclaimer. It would be cool.

Relevant story: When I moved from overseas I was in a situation that I had to pay the refuse chaps extra for throwing out hardware. I had a big sale and put a sterling silver spoon in a pot of broken tools. A woman took it up immediately saying, "You may keep the tools" and I responded, "Nay, you must take the whole lot!". She was unhappy, but did so. The next morn there were my tools thrown across the road a kilometer North.

Can you make a reducing adapter board to something smaller?

John, a Century is the most elegant of solutions. Why are you looking elsewhere? A 10 X 10 bellows with inch or larger panel folds would be the easiest of bellows to make yourself. Then it would be new. There's an 11X14 Century at the 'bay just now. But...........you should choose none of the above and sell the lens to ME.