Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: decorative tripod to match design of Fatif Camera

decorative tripod to match design of Fatif Camera

Well, simply to get a decent 8x10 for $258 is deal on its own merits. Beats the $500 I paid for 8x10 DeGolden Busch last year.

That Fatif tripod on eBay UK looks really nice, but it is expensive - has anyone ever had a Fatif tripod?

My suggestion, Frank, would be to make one yourself - out of stainless steel plumbing parts, including elbows, unions, etc. Then, have it anodized black to match. ;-)

I picked up a Fatif brochure at the NY Photo show maybe 15 years ago. I kept it because it was a cool-looking camera that I'd never heard of before (or since, until now). They make/made an extensive line of studio hardware as well as cameras- soft boxes, "ventilator", studio stands, two different tripods, shooting tables, "sundry articles", etc. Frank, if you want the brochure, contact me off-list- It's a must-have for any Fatif owner.

Photo Dilettante Donald Brewster's Avatar

Congrats. On older Italian lenses/cameras, you might try Luigi Crescenzi at LeicaTime in Rome. Interesting guy. He mostly has Leica and other RF type cameras, but many unique Italian optics as well. http://www.leicatime.com/

You might also see what Silvestri has to offer. http://www.silvestricamera.it/eng/gallery/gallery.htm

If you can read Italian, there is also http://fatif.com/

Happy hunting.

I actually found a treasure trove of Fatif stuff (well, four items) on the Italian eBay. With a second Systran browser window open, I'm ready to conquer Milan.... Chow and Grazi

The Italians are so good at tubing.

My mate called me from a retail clothing store liquidation. I was puzzled - what photographic gear could be there?

It turned out that all their modular sign and utility stands were made in Italy, and 'Manfroto' compatible in dimensions, the fasteners (tightening knobs) were the very same, as were the materials and finish. This is more than a metric standard thing; it is a manufacturing niche. I bought them all for scrap metal prices and utill I gave most away, had more darned lighting extensions and tripod leg parts than a person could use.

The Gap was using Manfrotto stuff a couple of years back - they change the display hardware on a regular basis - sounds like a great deal.

"I actually found a treasure trove of Fatif stuff (well, four items) on the Italian eBay. With a second Systran browser window open, I'm ready to conquer Milan.... Chow and Grazi"

Frank,

It has to be "Ciao e grazie"!

We have guests from Italy here at present and we had some delicious sardinian liquor called "mirto di sindia" just minutes ago - i have to be a bit fussy here today ;-)

Regards,

Rainer

I imagine that Italian-Americans make the worst tourists in Italy and I'm ashamed that I am so ignorant of my roots.

My grandparents (born ca. 1905 in the USA) went back for a visit at the end of their lives and tried using their peasant rural ancient 100-year old Italian-English blend and nobody could understand them. Later generations have visited and been shocked to see the difference between the cultures. Not that they didn't enjoy themselves... I think it is hard to have a bad time in Italy.