Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Kodak is up to

Re: What Kodak is up to

Mark - exactly what I thought - Hary Potter...

that said, this would open up all sorts of interesting and exciting possiblilites. Sounds wonderful. Photography is always in dange of being hidebound by its apparent technical limitations (although more often than not, they are mental barriers - size being a good example)
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

What Kodak is up to...

Not a heck of a lot as far as I'm concerned!

I wonder if one needs a separate power supply for each image?

Maybe one can connect multiple images in parallel??? Or, in series?

All I know is, don't get them near water!

This has a lot of potential. One of the biggest complaints I have about displaying photographs is they need to be properly light, and not everyone has track lights in their homes. Even if they do the intensity can vary greatly making it difficult to print properly. Having an internal light source built into the paper would be a big step in solving the problems with displaying prints. Perhaps the prints would be more like slides on a light table with brilliant colors and rich detail from the shadows to the highlights. This concept could have enormous potential.
    Last edited by Stephen Willard; 31-Oct-2006 at 01:20.

Abuser of God's Sunlight

sounds pretty cool to me. i can't think of any use for it for myself, but it's probably something intended for the (huge) tradeshow and exhibition market. and it could get adopted pretty quickly by artists who are more interested in experimenting than with being bound by rules and habits.

Smile Re: What Kodak is up to

...They are way behind........this has been going on for the last few years....Companys have been researching this "Printing Electronics"....Its mind-blowing.....They want to be able to print sheets off (Epson)?....Like OLED....it will have moving graphics...and such...They also want to print Circuts right on a web press so you can have 1Cent Rfid Chips....Printed on a web ....as they make Packaging....So your box will light up or show girl or guy using "oven" right on side of packaging....They(walmart) need rfid chips on all packaging...but at 50 cent each....(Gum)...cant trac gum50 cent with 50 cent chip....$1.00???So they want to print Electronis on web press...With ink that has Electrons-and other stuff...All big Company's are doing R/d.....Motorola,Big press and paper Company's....But To get back.....Yes they want to print out Flex Material of Epson.....And Have It LIGHT up withAd's.........Ya this Stuff is Nut's....Go Down Into Cubby Hole......"Printing Electronics"...Google It......its a Great site.......

..They want to print Circuit....With press...Like Intel....Does Now....On a Web Press..!It will be the Biggest thing in a long time..Xerox,They have a bunch of pat.....on this ink that will conduct the elec....for the Packaging...And Built the Electronics with the Press Layer By Layer.....

Smile Re: What Kodak is up to

http://www.technewspulse.com/kodak-to-11-video-326/

They explain it all in this video

" ... and the phosphor layer is topped with a transparent metal film."

Does anyone else remember the Star Trek movie with the whales and 'transparent Aluminum' container walls?? I guess they are still using 'Warp speed' computers in Rochester. Too bad Kodak was invaded by 'trekkies' but that might explain what's been going on there.

Good morning people.

Sounds good to me.

I'm only a telephone engineer, and I have trouble understanding conspiracy theories

Best regards,

Doug