Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Archival Inkjet Paper - Epson 4800-Black and White

Archival Inkjet Paper - Epson 4800-Black and White

"Now I'm waiting for samples of their new "Silver Rag"... - a few manufacturers have tried a sort of "air dried fibre based semi-gloss look" and failed - be interesting to see if Cranes try comes close"

As a tester for Crane I should see some of this soon. i will let you know what I think.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

I've been using Lumijet Radiant White. Anyone run tests on this paper. I've been quite happy with it...but maybe it's just because I used Luminos silver back in my darkroom days.

I've been happily using papers by Breathing Color. They have a bright white paper called Sterling 300 which I like. It looks great and it doesn't flake. They have trial rolls for cheap. You can probably guess the website (www.breathingcolor.com). I like it as much as Hahnemuhle and it's much less expensive. However, I haven't done a scientific DMAX comparison, so I'd be curious to hear if anyone has.

I've heard the upcoming Museo Silver Rag is killer, but we'll when it hits the market...

I've been happily using papers by Breathing Color. They have a bright white paper called Sterling 300 which I like. It looks great and it doesn't flake. They have trial rolls for cheap. You can probably guess the website (www.breathingcolor.com). I like it as much as Hahnemuhle and it's much less expensive. However, I haven't done a scientific DMAX comparison, so I'd be curious to hear if anyone has.

I've heard the upcoming Museo Silver Rag is killer, but we'll see when it hits the market...

Kirk,

I'd love to hear about the Silver Rag as well. Let us know with a new post when you run some tests and view some prints.

Thanks,

Photographer, Machinist, etc. Jeffrey Sipress's Avatar

Jack, so you're waiting for Pieziography for the 4800? The point of that printer is that you don't need that process any more. I tried the MIS system with the curves and special carts and ended in incredible frustration. How many hundreds of hours have you guys put into dialing in that process? The 4800 finally does it straight. Game over, man. And, I'm getting good results with the Moab Kokopelli glossy, too.