Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Saitta`s K concept software.

Kevin Saitta`s K concept software.

Well, I finally got my own web site! It took a while because I did not feel like being beholden to a web developer to make my site and then having to pay him every time I wanted an update or having to contact him to load another picture, and of course pay....Learn HTML myself?!?....no way in hell..... So along came Kevin's software and it was a god send.

Kevin's software is more an art or image management program than just a web site program. In fact the web site presentation is the least of what this program offers. First it has a simple look and provides easy access to the images. Yes, there are more sophisticated web sites, with flash, frames, music, etc, etc...I did not want all that, I figure I want to promotr my photography, not the programmer's ability to make all that stuff.

Now the best part, it has features that keep track of your on site sales, off site sales, people who have contacted you and their e mails addresses. You can create a news letter, import the physical addreses from the program and create labels to mail your news letter and /or just import the e mail addresses and e mail your news letter.

Kevin can customize the site to your taste and what is best, he will set it up on your web hosting site and will leave you with a fully running site that only requires for you to load your images. For people like me who have no idea how to do all this crap, this is almost as good as sex...

Well, the program has many more features I have not explored yet but you can check all it does at www.kjsphotography.com check on the Kcommerce link and it will take you to the presentation part of the program.

If you like to see how mine has worked feel free to click on my signature and see how you like it.

Kevin is a great guy to work with and if you dont want to bother with setting up a site, drop him a line, I am sure he will be glad to help you.
    Last edited by Jorge Gasteazoro; 1-Oct-2006 at 19:12.

Re: Kevin Saitta`s K concept software.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Gasteazoro View Post
    Well, I finally got my own web site! It took a while because I did not feel like being beholden to a web developer to make my site and then having to pay him every time I wanted an update or having to contact him to load another picture, and of course pay....Learn HTML myself?!?....no way in hell..... So along came Kevin's software and it was a god send.

Kevin's software is more an art or image management program than just a web site program. In fact the web site presentation is the least of what this program offers. First it has a simple look and provides easy access to the images. Yes, there are more sophisticated web sites, with flash, frames, music, etc, etc...I did not want all that, I figure I want to promotr my photography, not the programmer's ability to make all that stuff.

Now the best part, it has features that keep track of your on site sales, off site sales, people who have contacted you and their e mails addresses. You can create a news letter, import the physical addreses from the program and create labels to mail your news letter and /or just import the e mail addresses and e mail your news letter.

Kevin can customize the site to your taste and what is best, he will set it up on your web hosting site and will leave you with a fully running site that only requires for you to load your images. For people like me who have no idea how to do all this crap, this is almost as good as sex...

Well, the program has many more features I have not explored yet but you can check all it does at www.kjsphotography.com check on the Kcommerce link and it will take you to the presentation part of the program.

If you like to see how mine has worked feel free to click on my signature and see how you like it.

Kevin is a great guy to work with and if you sont want to bother with setting up a site, drop him a line, I am sure he will be glad to help you.
    Hi Jorge,

Thanks for posting this note... I've been tossing around the idea of setting up a website too. But, the thought of such a steep learning curve is a daunting thought.

FWIW, Kevin IS a great fellow... I've purchased a few things from him and he's always a gentlemen to deal with.

So, thanks for the posting... and great to know that you're feeling much better!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Jorge...

Nice website...good luck with it!

Your images are wonderful, very beautiful work...keep it up!

Capocheny, I was in the same boat you are. Just thinking about learning how to do all that was worth paying someone to do it for me, and Kevin's program is not all that expensive compared to what is regularly charged for building a web site.

PViapiano, thank you very much for your kind comments about my work. Hopefully in the near future I will have some environmental nudes that if they come as I am planning they will be something special, even if I say so myself...
    Last edited by Jorge Gasteazoro; 1-Oct-2006 at 21:10.

Kevin and Steve Nichols "chiller" drove over and shot with me in Tonopah last weekend. We had a blast and Kevin is indeed a prince. I didn't know about this particular talent though. I'll have to have him look at my mess of a website and see what can be done. One thing to start from scratch with a good set-up but when you've got 5 years of poor add-on's.........I just don't want to invest the time to start totally over.

I'll have to second that about Kevin. I'm a professional software developer, my own site is an example of what I do, and I can tell you that Kevin is a first rate developer in his own right.

BTW, Steve is a great guy as well. Steve and I are going on a three day road trip in about two weeks together.

Let me start by saying I dont have any interest in Kevin's venture other than to help a friend. It has not been a month yet since I got Kevin`s program and he already uploaded the new "Auction" feature, where his program makes all the auction HTML code for your art. YOu have no idea what a great feature this is. All you have to do is click "generate ad" in the admin section of your web site and Kevin's program does it all.

If you like to take a look at how the ad came out check out my e bay auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290038178413

I think you will agree that it is a very simple, elegant and best of all trouble free ad.

Ad looks good Jorge, not to metioned the work is Great!!

Still think your work is one of the best bargins out there right now!!

The site looks good Jorge and functional too. Hope it generates some good sales for you.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Thank you Mike and Kirk.