Thread: 8x10 Enlarger Needed

8x10 Enlarger Needed

I am currently working on printing 8x10 negatives that I have developed. The 8x10 enlarger I have been working with has decided to stop working(something with the ground cables) I was wondering if anyone in the Northeast USA has or knows of an 8x10 enlarger I could possible use if we are unable to get it fixed. I need to print the negatives at 20x24 size.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Alass

Eric Woodbury

Re: 8x10 Enlarger Needed

Alass, seems as though there is often big enlargers here, but they need to be in your neighborhood. Too big to ship. Maybe you could identify your state. Also, if the enlarger you have was satisfactory before it stopped, maybe it can be easily repaired. What is the enlarger, light source, timer, etc., and what's wrong?
    my picture blog
    ejwoodbury.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Woodbury View Post
    Alass, seems as though there is often big enlargers here, but they need to be in your neighborhood. Too big to ship. Maybe you could identify your state. Also, if the enlarger you have was satisfactory before it stopped, maybe it can be easily repaired. What is the enlarger, light source, timer, etc., and what's wrong?
    I realize that they are too large to ship, so I was looking for maybe another University or studio that would have one I could use. I live in Northeast PA but am willing to travel some distance for this.

The enlarger I was using is a Bessler 8x10 enlarger, I never had it working flawlessly, but got to a point it became unreliable. The light worked some of the time and not others, pretty much whenever it felt like it. Luckily the Bessler company is from right here in Pa and the Light box is currently being looked at there, but as the deadline approaches I would like to explore my other options.

You might want to check out Bob Carnie in Toronto. It is a commercial enterprise but you can be there as the prints are being made.

http://elevatordigital.ca/featured.html

Re: 8x10 Enlarger found

Last Friday morning, Alass showed up at the Green Door Studio in Burlington, VT with negatives in-hand to use our 8x10 Elwood. She needed to make prints for her Senior Project, a photography class she is taking for her BFA. I sensed she was very relieved to head back to school with prints in-hand Saturday afternoon. Even if the Bessler at school doesn't get fixed, the show will go on.

Good luck with your exhibit, Alass, and good light!

Phil

Happy endings and good Karma, how nice!