Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manual developing with Jobo 2500

Manual developing with Jobo 2500

Pauilr, thank you for the precisation. By examining the interior of the two tanks, it does not seem to me that there is a lot of difference. The inversion is just needed to move the developing agent inside the tank. I do not thik there should be any problem. Other people belonging to this forum seem to like the inversion development with Jobo tanks.

I will keep you posted anyway.

Ciao

Jobo used to list inversion volume levels on these tanks. My oldest tank listed both the volume of chemicals required for rotary and inversion. I think the reason they stopped was the large amount of chemicals it takes. Wouldn't suprise me if somebody tried using the inversion chemical amount for rotary and busted a processor.

Luca if you add the extension it'll actually take a total of three reels. It's a big tank that way. I'm not sure you'll really want to run two reels inversion like this. Firgure 2.5 litres of chemicals. That's 2.5Kg plus the weight of the tank,reels and film.

You might want to check German Ebay. Seems to have more darkroom and LF stuff then Ebay.it.

Simple thing is to roll the tank in a sink full of water. Just spin it by hand. Some people spin it on a counter top. But it shouldn't be that hard to make a roller base. It's just a motor that reverse direction every so often. Two wheels driven by the motor spin the tank.

Thank you Nick. I will try also what you suggested. I keep you posted.

Ciao

I've used inversion with the Jobo 2500 series tanks with good results. My agitation scheme was to -gently- turn the tank over once and sit it down. What ever you do don't agitate sharply! You can dislodge the film if you are too vigorous. Trust me on this! There's lots of fluid and lots of surface area unsupported in that tank. Gentle agitation combined with lots of empty room in the tank will produce adequate movement of developer. You must have a size larger tank to do this. One reel of film needs a two reel tank and so on.

I use a motor base now for 4x5 because its easier and it still gives good results. If I am processing 12 sheets I don't have to mix extra fix as one liter in the large tank works fine for rotary processing. My fix usually goes old before it is worn out so I don't like to keep it mixed in large quantities. I still process 35 and roll film in 1500 tanks using hand inversion and think that I get better results (perhaps some compensation) over the varying exposures on roll film as compared to constant rotation.