Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: FYI: Jenopik aquires majority of Sinar

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    France
    Posts
    151

    FYI: Jenopik aquires majority of Sinar

    Swiss newspapers report today, that the German Jenopik AG (http://www.jenoptik.com) has acquired a 51% share of Sinar. The remaining 49% are still held by the Sinar family. The details of the transaction will not be published.

    There have been rumors that Sinar is cliffhanging. So Jenoptik probably (and hopefully) acquired the equity investment by a capital increase.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB Canada
    Posts
    591

    FYI: Jenopik aquires majority of Sinar

    Seems interesting. Either the families know each other and one has come to rescue, or they find Sinars' digital expertise worth something. Looking at the Jenopik product line and related companies, I don't really see much of a fit for view cameras.

    I'm sure Jenoptik got a good deal.
    *************************
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

    I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,190

    FYI: Jenopik aquires majority of Sinar

    Hi Eric

    It was also stated in the news I readed here in Swiss thad Sinar and Jenoptik worked together for a while and so the relationship was there for a while.
    Hope they will survive!

Similar Threads

  1. Sinar "Norma" or Sinar "Standard"?
    By Eric_6227 in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 20-Jan-2014, 06:46
  2. Sinar P2 vs Linhof Master Karden GTL? 4X5 vs 8X10? Sinar e2?
    By Rene_103 in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 16-May-2008, 09:53
  3. Shooting Zone System or not-------Majority--Non Ma
    By Raymond Bleesz in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 21-Oct-2005, 14:07
  4. Mounting a Sinar Copal DB Shutter on a Sinar Norma
    By Andrew Scotney in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-Mar-2005, 05:48
  5. Sinar"P" compared to other Sinar 4 X 5" Cameras
    By Tarek El Baradie in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-Mar-2001, 11:50

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •