Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Polaroid Adventure!

Re: My Polaroid Adventure!

Yes there is a staple at the red circle.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 9.55.48 PM.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	181.0 KB 
ID:	184471

Martha33

I semi-detached these beginning at the staple moving outward. This is on a pack that I will sacrifice, if necessary. It was hard to do in the dark so I will need to develop a strategy to do this going forward if this works -- and I am believe that it will because it sounds like this is a problem I am having.

Meanwhile, My Polaroid Adventure continues! These packs of Fujifilm were an unexpected gift! I have just begun learning LF and was planning to use Harman Direct Positive paper to provide fast feedback. Now I have both choices. Now that the weather has grown cold (first snow predicted tonight for Indianapolis) I am thinking about how I plan to learn the camera movements. I am considering constructing some type of "installation" or "still life" in my house that will allow me to practice rise, fall, tilts, shifts -- back, front, etc. I would like to set something up that will let me practice these -- something that will show the impact of these movements on my subject matter. I am thinking that it would be wonderful to be able to "hit the ground running" in the spring when I would expect to be shooting landscapes.

I have several books that I am referencing that show the camera movements -- these include View Camera Technique by Stroebel and Way Beyond Monochrome by Lambrecht and Woodhouse. I have a Cambo Camera to try this out on and I have an Intrepid Camera on the way. (I think the later will be easier for an old lady to lug around come spring!) Any thoughts on my "Installation" -- preferably stuff that I would have in the house?

Use anything handy. Most of us have all kinds of 'stuff'. I am setting up that sort of thing now. I also do LF selfies.

You can even shoot pics of your cameras, but only post a few as some here consider that narcissistic.

Both your books are the best extant. I have them.

Don't read too much...
    Tin Can

Martha33

I want to report back that the pulling apart of the film and the negatives as described above, seems to have done the trick. I have run 2 more packs of film through the camera and lost only one photo from both of these, so I think my problem with the Polaroid is resolved. Now I am searching for things to craft an "exhibit" for working on camera movements. I am looking for stuff to show parallel lines and stuff that shows perspective. I would have no problem if the weather were nicer but I am searching for inside the house stuff. Is there a better spot in the Forum for this discussion as it is no longer about Polaroid? I'm still pretty new here!

I found shift and rise to be very interesting in studio.

Then as you intuit, it gets more interesting.

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...dio-Artificial
    Tin Can