Thread: Parts for Chamonix 045n

Foamer

Parts for Chamonix 045n

I have an original Chamonix 045n with walnut wood, vintage about 2007. Yesterday I was out with it and a tremendous gust of wind blew my tripod & camera over! Luckily it landed in fairly soft dirt. Unluckily, it bent and twisted the left rear hinge that holds the back to the bed. I was able to unbolt that hinge plate and using a vise and then vise + locking pliers reverse most all of the deformation. Camera is at least usuable. However, I'd like to buy a replacement part and possibly two. I checked the Chamonix website and didn't see anywhere for parts/service. Any ideas of how I can get this part?

Kent in SD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ChamonixHinge.jpg  
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

Foamer

Re: Parts for Chamonix 045n

Argh. I attached the left plate and reassembled the back, and checked alignment I could see the right one was tweaked a bit too. I took it off, stuck it in the vise & twisted closer to straight with locking pliers. Alignment of the back is considerably better but I hope I can buy two of these hinge plates now.

Kent in SD
    Last edited by Two23; 8-Nov-2018 at 17:47.
    In contento ed allegria

Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post
    Argh. I I attache the left plate and reassembled the back, and checked alignment I could see the right one was tweaked a bit too. I took it off, stuck it in the vise & twisted closer to straight with locking pliers. Alignment of the back is considerably better but I hope I can buy two of these hinge plates now.

Kent in SD
    Why not email them or Hugo?

The Instagram account is very active and prompt to reply.

Foamer

An update. I got a PM from Hugo himself! He asked that I send photos of the part & camera, and he'll get a factory replacement part. All of this happened within four hours of my post. Is that great service or what! One more reason I'm very happy with the camera. Having parts available is a big advantage!

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria