Thread: PhotoPlus Expo seminars

Abuser of God's Sunlight

PhotoPlus Expo seminars

Registration will be still be free for the next couple of days for the PhotoPlus expo in New York. I haven't been to it before, but it's been described as the auto show of professional photography. So there might be some scantilly clad women hawking next year's digital cameras.

There will definitely be some interesting seminars (i'm trying to find out if the seminars are included in the general registration).

Two of them are on strategies for promoting your work in the art world, and are being taught by my favorite art career consultant, Mary Virginia Swanson. Her first seminar is specifically about digital promotional strategies (the web and digital portfolios). I'm going to be guest speaking at this seminar, describing some of the how-to aspects of creating digital portfolios.

"More than a Portfolio Piece--Friday, Oct. 21, 3:45 pm

Mary Virginia Swanson helps participants understand the value of using Web sites and digital promotional pieces so they can effectively communicate their professional abilities and career goals with potential marketing partners, collectors, curators and clients."

"Self Promotion/Marketing--Saturday, Oct 22, 1:00 pm

During this presentation, Mary Virginia Swanson will provide insight into the most effective avenues for introducing your work to gallery and museum professionals. She will discuss the value of national and international juried exhibitions, as well as portfolio review events such as FotoFest, Review Santa Fe, Photo Lucida and European festivals as realistic avenues to industry professionals. Important gallery trade shows such as AIPAD, Photo L.A. and Photo New York will be discussed from the standpoint of helping artists to determine which dealers will be most appropriate for their work. Effective self-promotion and marketing materials will be shared. Professional practices necessary to effectively present one’s work will be discussed, as well as "talking points" to use when given the opportunity to sign with a gallery for representation. Valuable handouts and resource lists will be provided"

http://www.photoplusexpo.com/ppe/index.jsp

PhotoPlus Expo seminars

Seminars are NOT included in the general registration. You can register for individual seminars or buy packagges for 3 or more seminars at discounted prices.

PhotoPlus Expo seminars

The seminars are not free. For free you get to walk around the floor and look at all the shiny new cameras and stuff available. You can buy stuff too, which is nice.

Abuser of God's Sunlight

PhotoPlus Expo seminars

That's too bad. The website is so convoluted I couldn't find information on seminar prices anywhere.