Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MLC 810 - Optical Bench DIY

Re: MLC 810 - Optical Bench DIY

IC-Racer: After two years of research, and after several contact with company who work with CF, I found a company that produces me the standard and all the accessories in carbon, let's say that the biggest cost was creating the molds and made those is not that the road is all downhill.

It is not easy to find someone who understands your idea's intention and is willing to help you in Italy, but since one of the key points is that I am trying to keep production as Italian as possible, I finally managed to get a good 70 %, as regards the movements and the bellows, these are produced outside Italy.

Pere Casals: I'm perfectly agree with you, after all it is a camera belonging to a niche of very demanding photographers and for this I'm also looking for the hair on the egg, I know that I can not (but who knows) compete with ALPA Camera...who does not want to take risks, not he gets nothing...Stay hungry, stay foolish.

This is the machine as it will be finished (to the pc) the parts in red is carbon, the blue ones are in PA12, the black ones in aluminum, and in gray plexiglass

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cattura.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	184210

Quote Originally Posted by robyz1984 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cattura.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	184210
    Roby, I really like the concept... best of the P, best of the F, and removing all being redundant unnecessary.

Congratulations, this is a sound concept.

And to stay on the discourse of cost and weight reduction, instead of creating a rail with joints to lengthen it, the customer has about 2m of rail that I will then cut as he wants.

For example, I have the 240-355-480-180makro, I have created 3 rails, 320mm for the 240 and the next purchase 120 or 150mm, a rail from 650 to 355-480 and for my sacred grail (which I can not find fujinon c 600m 11.5), and the 900mm one for super makro with the 180makro hm.

in this way I avoid the cost to create worms inside the pipes for the joints (less is more) and I can take pipes with a lower wall thickness and therefore less weight.

someone told me but where I put a unique 650mm rail, my answer, in a neoprene bag that I provide and attach it to a leg of the tripod, and unless someone uses tripod that when closed measure 40cm (I see it hard in the LF), the rail does not bother you in that position.

And to stay on the discourse of cost and weight reduction, instead of creating a rail with joints to lengthen it, the customer has about 2m of rail that I will then cut as he wants.
    Just an idea, CAMBO has an optional rail support that has two clamps, allowing to join two rail sections, I've one.

A short rail section allows to pack well the monorail camera with both standards on it. Also I like the CAMBO SC because rail is bare square 25mm pipe, so one can make rails at a glance.

What is the projected weight?
    About 3.8/4kg depending on the length of the bellows and the rail. I'm looking for new solutions to create some lighter pieces and save weight, but this point is talking about earning 30 / 40gr maximum 60gr, and spending is not worth the gain.

For example, I have the 240-355-480-180makro, I have created 3 rails, 320mm for the 240 and the next purchase 120 or 150mm, a rail from 650 to 355-480 and for my sacred grail (which I can not find fujinon c 600m 11.5), and the 900mm one for super makro with the 180makro hm.

in this way I avoid the cost to create worms inside the pipes for the joints (less is more) and I can take pipes with a lower wall thickness and therefore less weight.

someone told me but where I put a unique 650mm rail, my answer, in a neoprene bag that I provide and attach it to a leg of the tripod, and unless someone uses tripod that when closed measure 40cm (I see it hard in the LF), the rail does not bother you in that position.
    The 900mm tube might need a third clamp to put on a second tripod, my Wehman is not stable with one support when using the 500mm for portrait. For my Bender, I have several rails, and I will probably cut another lenght for the 159 and 210mm lenses. If you are in doubt about the front, take a look at the 4x5" Toho (s). I had in hand the tilt-free version, but sent it back due to mold. Really good looking engineering!

Sent fra min D6503 via Tapatalk

Very interesting

You've decided on a round rail?