Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should this eBay listing bother me?

Should this eBay listing bother me?

I can't imagine why you'd care, unless maybe you're the high bidder...

Alan, if he sells it I'll be a little annoyed. I tried to sell mine a while ago. Low opening notwithstanding, it got no bids. Nice clean lens, too. That'll teach me to quote Schneider on their lenses' coverage in eBay listings.

Michael, I fear that guy's lies make it harder for us relatively honest sellers. I don't want to have to go in the sewer to sell my surplus lenses. There's something parallel to Gresham's law working here ... Just wait until you have something surplus to requirements and want to find it a home where it will be treasured.

Jim, IMO you've gone near the edge as a seller, but not often, and never over it. Same goes for Andrew. Sharkey and landarc jump as far over as they can manage.

Cheers,

Dr Phil could have a entire show based around pissed off eBay buyers and the sellers they hate.
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

There's something wrong when a knowledgeable seller uses the words "Wide Angle" in the title for the auction of a Repro-Claron. All manufacturers of this lens design have rated it at 46 degrees (plus or minus a few degrees). Ebay is definitely "caveat empor". Continuing the cliches, life is too short to get outraged, fools who get educated about lenses from ebay sellers instead of from books, or lens manufacturers, or internet forums, will sometimes be parted from excessive amounts of money. The combination of greed of some sellers and ebay will cause this to continue, to the detriment of some buyers and of some sellers of higher standards.