Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Picked up my Durst CLS450

Picked up my Durst CLS450

On the 1000 ce chasis. Turns on color wheels work. Clean.Gave an extra new light too. Needs timer, some lenses and the camneg for 4x5 needs to be repaired need to get some other carriers like 35mm. Also need to get a 20x24 easel. Vacuum one would be cool 4 blade. He Al's gave me two copies of parts list from r 1200 if anyone interested. I could scan in and post. Or mail a copy to someone

Re: Picked up my Durst CLS450

CLS 450 is the lightsource not the enlarger

I know. I refered to that because that is how it was advertised when I bought it. It is a complete enlarger chasis color head mounting board, etc.

I was just saying it all works from the quick setup the seller did. And just need to get the peripherals and some film holders.

The lens that came with it is scratched up so good for practicing. The lens board, is not the right board for the lens. A durst Camtub came with it and does not use a threaded attachment for the lens board, so will need to get the correct components for this. I am guessing there are various setups that can be used with the camtub. The Wollensak 135mm f/4.5 lens that came with it is a heavy sucker and small. I will post up some pics later today.

Any thoughts on a timer for this?

Maybe buy a new timer. I have a pile of worthless timers.

More than one bought on this forum.

I bought a new GraLab like this 20 years ago for a non darkroom usage. It still works fine in my DR. A used one does not.

I use second hand Beseler Digi Timer and GraLab 505. Both look like new but stick at first until using them a few minutes.

The DR environment ruins timers, probably contacts and relays.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ruttenberg View Post
    The lens that came with it is scratched up so good for practicing. The lens board, is not the right board for the lens. A durst Camtub came with it and does not use a threaded attachment for the lens board, so will need to get the correct components for this. I am guessing there are various setups that can be used with the camtub. The Wollensak 135mm f/4.5 lens that came with it is a heavy sucker and small. I will post up some pics later today.

Any thoughts on a timer for this?
    Tin Can

Why do you need anything other then a glass 45 carrier? Anything smaller fits it, your carrier should have masking blades and glass is the only way to ensure that film does not sag or pop to guarantee best print quality.

Re: How do you know exposure time for paper when making print

Have a look inside the light mix box just above the negative holder. Inside will be dichroic color filters that are inserted into the light path between the light source and mixing box inlet. It is common for the dichroic filters to get toasted over time and use. If any of the color dichroic filters are damaged, they must be replaced as they will no longer be accurate to the C_Y_M color dial in the front of the Durst CLS color head. If any of the dichroic color filters are replaced, the cc calibration might need to be adjusted.

While you're in there make sure all the filter moving mechanical are in good order, clean and lube as needed.

Bernice

Really dumb question, other than height above board in inches and cm what do those numbers on the post mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
    Have a look inside the light mix box just above the negative holder. Inside will be dichroic color filters that are inserted into the light path between the light source and mixing box inlet. It is common for the dichroic filters to get toasted over time and use. If any of the color dichroic filters are damaged, they must be replaced as they will no longer be accurate to the C_Y_M color dial in the front of the Durst CLS color head. If any of the dichroic color filters are replaced, the cc calibration might need to be adjusted.

While you're in there make sure all the filter moving mechanical are in good order, clean and lube as needed.

Bernice
    I did look. They look clean and clear. I am just wondering if they are fully engaging as I have never looked inside one of tyese heads before. See pics above.