Thread: Edward Weston Show

Edward Weston Show

Not being sure where to enter this information, I'll put it where I look everyday - the queston and answer forum. Until November 13, an exhibition entitled "Edward Weston : Life Work" is on display at the Univ. of Miami Lowe Art Gallery in Miami, FL. Over 100 prints from early to late in his career are on display, all being from the collection of Michael and Judith Hochberg. A book - with the same title as the show - has been printed containing all the prints in the collection. The reproductions in the book are superb; done in 600-line screen quadtone (published by Lodima Press ISBN: 1-888899-09-3). . This is a travelling exhibit, so perhaps it will be coming to your area. (Perhaps there is a web site that gives the show's itinerary. . .?). I recommend the show - and the book - to all. The web site for the Lowe Museum, by the way, is www.lowemuseum.org. Edward

Edward Weston Show

Thanks for the heads up Edward! I live in the Redlands and look forward to the show!

Edward Weston Show

It's a wonderful show which was in Naples a few months ago. Two interesting things: 1) note how fantastic the prints are from1930 plus/minus a few years, compared to the earlier, somewhat muddy ones (while he was still getting over platinum), and the rather dead ones after about 1935. Also, 2) the Book (printed by our forum friends Michael and Paula) is certainly the best reproduction of Weston's prints ever made, and yet even it only begins to show the beauty of the originals.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Edward Weston Show

The show's itinerary is listed in the book.