Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Booklovers...

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Re: Booklovers...

Last edited by Mark Sawyer; 19-Jun-2021 at 11:16.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Last edited by Mark Sawyer; 19-Jun-2021 at 11:17.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

David Schaller

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sawyer View Post
    Sad to see Proust so unloved... This is a great series Mark.

For some reason I thought you were selling books, so I stayed away from this thread.

I am out of room for new or used books. As a child I got up at 4am to read with the dog on top of a heater vent. Book a day. A habit I only recently stopped.

I agree it's a fantastic thread!

Macro bookage.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by David Schaller View Post
    Sad to see Proust so unloved... This is a great series Mark.
    Thank you, David. Hardly unloved, these books are from the Modern Library series editioned from the 1920s through the -50s, already dog-eared and thread-bare when I bought them for peanuts as a college student in the 1970s. Unloved would be sitting on a shelf, like new, never read...

I don't think I could make through all seven volumes of Remembrance of Things Past these days, but it's still good to read a bit here and there, once in a while, if only for atmosphere, or remembering things past...

And thank you, Randy. Though really, I'm just practicing the composition rules I learned from Ansel Adams...

Like "Finnegan's Wake" and Winston Churchill's memoirs of the Second World War, I suspect that no one has ever finished reading all of Proust.
    Not that it matters, just attempting the mountain is an accomplishment all its own. Far better to make pictures of the books than to leave them on the shelf or in a box. Good work Mr. Sawyer!

This is beautiful work, Mark. The tonal range you’ve landed is pretty stunning and the compositions and content are very inviting. Bravo!

Cameron Cornell
    Washington State
    www.anlogportraiture.com
    Last edited by Cameron Cornell; 21-Oct-2018 at 00:26.

David Schaller

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sawyer View Post
    Thank you, David. Hardly unloved, these books are from the Modern Library series editioned from the 1920s through the -50s, already dog-eared and thread-bare when I bought them for peanuts as a college student in the 1970s. Unloved would be sitting on a shelf, like new, never read...

I don't think I could make through all seven volumes of Remembrance of Things Past these days, but it's still good to read a bit here and there, once in a while, if only for atmosphere, or remembering things past...

And thank you, Randy. Though really, I'm just practicing the composition rules I learned from Ansel Adams...
    I read all of Proust, when I was just out of college, and most of it again a few years ago. There is such a huge payoff when you get to the last volume! Once you get into it, it’s not difficult. Thanks again for this series!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sampson View Post
    Like "Finnegan's Wake" and Winston Churchill's memoirs of the Second World War, I suspect that no one has ever finished reading all of Proust.
    Not that it matters, just attempting the mountain is an accomplishment all its own. Far better to make pictures of the books than to leave them on the shelf or in a box. Good work Mr. Sawyer!
    I read all five volumes of the Churchhill, but not the footnotes. Does that count?

Worthwhile, though.
    Where are we going?
    And why are we in this handbasket?

www.josephoharaphotography.com

Great series, Mark. I look forward to seeing more.

Best,
    Merg