Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tripod recommendations?

Re: Tripod recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by 6x6TLL View Post
    Thanks Bob!

Coming from you with your background and experience, it means a lot. Would you buy one today? (feel free to PM me if you don't want to make a public statement)

I'll keep my eyes peeled for any special offers on Gitzo or RRS, but if I have to pay full retail, Novoflex sounds like a really attractive option.
    Yes, I would. When you look at the things that these pods will do, besides what tripods are traditionally made to do, I wouldn’t hesitate.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Middleton View Post
    Green Monster (in our context) => Calumet C1 8x10 camera was built in two versions, the later black cast aluminium, and the earlier and lighter (but not lightweight) green cast magnesium version aka "Green Monster"

Solid relatively low cost well built 8x10 cameras.

I had one for a while.

I will let someone else help you with your second question...
    Green C1 s were actually made in both aluminum and magnesium mine is aluminum eighteen lb w/o lens.
    Getting a wife is fairly easy keeping her is another story, 47 years and counting...knock on wood. And yes she carried the tripod through much of the UK while i had the RB kit in one hand and her other hand in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by 6x6TLL View Post

Where do I find a wife to help carry...?

:-p

Here you go! There is a surplus of women in Russia. For your purpose if you can find one who is also an Olympic weight lifter it would be a plus. Of course if she is as pretty as the one in the ad picture then you may not mind just carrying your tripod yourself!

https://www.russiancupid.com/en/women

Alan,

-Do you realize what this says and implies?

*Here is a HINT, or why there are so few women here and much, much, much more...

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    Here you go! There is a surplus of women in Russia. For your purpose if you can find one who is also an Olympic weight lifter it would be a plus. Of course if she is as pretty as the one in the ad picture then you may not mind just carrying your tripod yourself!

https://www.russiancupid.com/en/women

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
    Alan,

-Do you realize what this says and implies?

*Here is a HINT, or why there are so few women here and much, much, much more...

Bernice

Bernice, I'm just stating a commonly known fact. I'm not meaning to offend anyone. There are of course reasons for this.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...en-than-women/

Well Alan,

Consider how "facts" are being used, and no I'm not going to simply take these "facts" as posted. As with any written text here, there is intent. Now Alan, what might the intent be.. for sharing this Fact?

Not pleased in any way,
    Bernice

Bernice, I'm just stating a commonly known fact. I'm not meaning to offend anyone. There are of course reasons for this.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...en-than-women/

Well Alan,

Consider how "facts" are being used, and no I'm not going to simply take these "facts" as posted. As with any written text here, there is intent. Now Alan, what might the intent be.. for sharing this Fact?

Not pleased in any way,
    Bernice

No ill intent. Just using facts to support what I said. There are many sites where Russian women are looking for American men as suitable husbands due to the lack of men in their own country. Personally, I can't see anything offensive about that. If you are talking about the well documented alcohol problem in Russia, well, we have plenty of well documented alcohol problems here too. On top of that we have our drug problems.

6x6TLL jokingly asked where he could find a wife. I just jokingly answered his question. I have nothing against the Russian people. In fact I used to have a colleague who immigrated here from the then Soviet Union. Yuri once made the comment that there were good people everywhere. Just bad governments. I agree with that.

I apologize if I offended you.

Alan

Or why Women remain on the brutal end of that stick remains offended. The lack of ability to see-understand what was offensive is at the core of why SO many Women are more than a bit Ticked off at them Dudes and more.

The Apology is sort of OK, but far more important lesson is understanding why that post-text was offensive and demeaning and De-humanizing.

BTW, as a Gal who has spent decades in Tech, this is precisely the kind of Dude HP_S that happens too often.

Bernice.

Personally, I can't see anything offensive about that.

I apologize if I offended you.

Alan

Or why Women remain on the brutal end of that stick remains offended. The lack of ability to see-understand what was offensive is at the core of why SO many Women are more than a bit Ticked off at them Dudes and more.

The Apology is sort of OK, but far more important lesson is understanding why that post-text was offensive and demeaning and De-humanizing.

BTW, as a Gal who has spent decades in Tech, this is precisely the kind of Dude HP_S that happens too often.

Bernice.

I'm sorry, Bernice but you have lost me. What is wrong with Russian women posting on a site that they are looking for a man? Men looking for women do the same thing. We have a dating site here called "Plenty of Fish". My brother found his girlfriend that way and his ex-wife found her boyfriend on the same site. If you have trouble finding someone the old ways then these computer dating sites can help. In fact, my wife's ex husband found his new wife online. She lived in Spain. He ended up moving there and they seem very happy.

I dearly appreciate the fact that the woman in my life for the past twenty-four years is sensitive to such nonsense and is strong enough to let piggish behavior roll past her. She is 70 years old. I am older and grateful that she has taken such good care of herself that she can schlep my tripod when I cannot. She is really put-together mentally and physically. She is also a better photographer than I.