Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question About Lens Mounting Flanges

Re: Question About Lens Mounting Flanges

Quote Originally Posted by scheinfluger_77 View Post
    Thank you. Do you glue onn the front of the lens board or the back?
    On the back where the threads come up through the lensboard, apply to the board and into the threads...

You don't have to apply all around with lighter lenses, just 3 or 4 points in the circle...

Steve K

You might consider the maximum and minimum diameter of your preferred lenses to determine if they would work with a universal lens mount, then if it feasible/possible to make a lens board adapter that works for your cameras. In the shop I have a couple. Nudge me for pictures.

For my purposes I install the universal mount adapters to Linhof boards to fit everything from native Linhof t0 9x9" boards.

I thought about those but had never seen one until looking at the Chamonix site. I’m willing to try the glue method first.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    You might consider the maximum and minimum diameter of your preferred lenses to determine if they would work with a universal lens mount, then if it feasible/possible to make a lens board adapter that works for your cameras. In the shop I have a couple. Nudge me for pictures.

For my purposes I install the universal mount adapters to Linhof boards to fit everything from native Linhof t0 9x9" boards.

Nudge nudge.

Let's start with this.

Quote Originally Posted by scheinfluger_77 View Post
    This is one i have not heard. How is it reversed?
    I prefer rubbing alcohol. Allow some rubbing alcohol to seep in between the glue and the joint and it should just pop right off. It’s much quicker and easier to do than scraping or reheating the glue.

I’d also recommend just using a single sized lens board for all of your lenses and then using adapters for all of your cameras. It makes switching and storing your lenses much easier. Since my smallest lensboard is a Anniversary Speed Graphic, I use the 4x4 wooden lens boards. They have the added bonus of being really cheap. Plus, if I have a lens without a retaining ring, I can just drill a hole into the wooden lens board slightly smaller than the inside of the threads, lube the threads, and screw the lens directly into the wooden board. The wood deforms to accept the threads and holds them really tightly. I can avoid having expensive custom made retaining rings or glue this way. Then, I make lens board adapters by mounting old front lens board holders from parted out Anniversary Speed Graphics onto empty lens boards for my other cameras. Most people use Technika style lens boards for this because they are smaller and more common. They are also easier to find premade lens board adapters for, so you don’t have to make your own.

Thanks for all the tips and info everyone.