Thread: Replacement Lens Boards For Busch Pressman Model D 4x5

Replacement Lens Boards For Busch Pressman Model D 4x5

A month ago, I found a nearly mint condition Tower 4x5 Press Camera, a rebadged Busch Pressman. It came with a good Schneider Symmar 150mm f5.6 on an original lens board. I'm going to add a couple of lenses for field work where I don't need a lot of movement.

As some of you know, the original Busch lens boards are rare and a bear to find. There's a solution, though, and much cheaper than original boards.

There's a fellow on eBay who fabricates new lens boards. He can be found on eBay under the user I.D. of gary9000. He just shipped me three blanks @ $20/each. For a couple of bucks more, he'll drill them to the opening you need.

I test fitted them to the Tower and they fit perfectly. I already have a jig and bi-metal hole saws, so I can drill my own shutter holes. I may use some non-reflective flat black on the backs, but these are a great replacement/addition.

This is just a heads up, as I'm only a customer.
    Best,
    Dennis

Re: Replacement Lens Boards For Busch Pressman Model D 4x5

I used the same guy for lensboards for my Busch Model D. Perfect.
    Peter Collins

On the intent of the First Amendment: The press was to serve the governed, not the governors --Opinion, Hugo Black, Judge, Supreme Court, 1971 re the "Pentagon Papers."