Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Intrepid 8x10 experiences?

Re: Intrepid 8x10 experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by Marky View Post
    When the back is horizontal and film holder inserted, the top bungee cord cannot hold the weight of the back, and will slip down a little bit. What happens then is the top will have less pressure than the bottom, potentially causing a light leak/misfocus. I undid my top bungee cord and tied a tighter knot but it only helps somewhat. A metal spring back like the 4x5 MK3 will likely eliminate this problem.
    I was told that the 8X10 they would ship me had the new metal spring-fitted back, so apparently that's what they are shipping now.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    I was told that the 8X10 they would ship me had the new metal spring-fitted back, so apparently that's what they are shipping now.
    Hope you can find a suitable replacement to the Intrepid 8x10 to keep you in the 8x10 photography game.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    Hope you can find a suitable replacement to the Intrepid 8x10 to keep you in the 8x10 photography game.
    Actually, I already have a Deardorff 8x10, but there are some places I’d rather not take it, which is why I ordered an Intrepid.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    Actually, I already have a Deardorff 8x10, but there are some places I’d rather not take it, which is why I ordered an Intrepid.
    Me, too. And, exactly why I jumped on the Kickstarter campaign; ya just can't beat <5 lbs for an 8x10, regardless of some fiddling to use it. It's, also, not so good in the wind, but I use my darkcloth to shield it and, so far, no noticeable issues.