Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Intrepid - Communication & Delivery

Re: Intrepid - Communication & Delivery

Quote Originally Posted by kenj8246 View Post
    Hello fellow Louisianian(I'm originally from Lecompte, just south of Alexandria). Well, I'm waiting but probably not as anxiously as some. For my part, I'm gonna give them some time. Hard to do all they're attempting with no more folks than the seem to have. And, besides, I can shoot 4X5 while I'm waiting.

Kenny
    I'm willing to be patient, but when I'm told to expect deliver in 8-10 weeks and it turns into four months, my patience runs out. My goal was to use it for a specific project in the second half of the summer, but that opportunity has been lost now. If I had known this was to be the outcome, I would have spent the money on some beater of a Kodak.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Grew View Post
    Hi Paul, sorry about the delay with your camera, I think Naomi emailed you today to say it will be shipping next week, to be more specific it will be shipping on Monday. Myself or Naomi will email over a tracking number once its gone out, usually take 3 days for the US so should be in your hands Thursday. Sorry again about the delay!
    Thanks Max. I just wish you folks were better about communicating than you have been.

Hello fellow Louisianian(I'm originally from Lecompte, just south of Alexandria). Well, I'm waiting but probably not as anxiously as some. For my part, I'm gonna give them some time. Hard to do all they're attempting with no more folks than the seem to have. And, besides, I can shoot 4X5 while I'm waiting.

Kenny
    Great attitude Kenny. Patience is a great attribute and it particularly comes in handy in the field making photographs when you are not willing to trip the shutter until the light is just right. One of the reasons that it is good to be in the field by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    Great attitude Kenny. Patience is a great attribute and it particularly comes in handy in the field making photographs when you are not willing to trip the shutter until the light is just right. One of the reasons that it is good to be in the field by yourself.
    Ordered my 8x10 Intrepid last week. I have zero expectations on delivery. When it does get here I will put it in service.

Good on ya, Michael!! I ordered 8/8/2018. No news yet.

Good on ya, Michael!! I ordered 8/8/2018. No news yet.
    In life and business I commend and do all I can to support entrepreneurial individuals that put their vision on the line in actions and in business commerce. The fact that these risk takers are in fact large format promoters makes this a no brainer. Do they have their time lines perfectly conjoined to live up to delivery times. No. Do they have a product perfectly designed and produced to meet all of the needs of a consumer group in LF? No. Gut check. These guys are doing it on the low costs design plan to make it tremendously affordable to the consumers to want to go down this road and I applaud that mentality. Fact. If I wanted a precision instrument I could order a Canham, a Chaminoux or another current option but the price would be 5-7Xin price. But when I am willing to give up some amenities for a low price point in the interest of low weight to pack LF, that resonates with me. Should I need to tweek the camera to get it to operating standards for me? Maybe. That is a risk I am ready willing and able to accept. If I can get the camera to focus and tilt and lock down, I will be good to go. When you look at a well executed print, rarely does the viewer care what camera, lens, film. developer or printing paper made the image. It is immaterial to the visual result.

Hmm, well, I ordered a lensboard for my 8x10 two weeks ago and have been told twice that "it should ship tomorrow." To date, I've not received any message that it has shipped! ONE lensboard...ONE!! If they can't process a simple order like this in a timely fashion, I truly feel for all of you waiting on cameras. Can you imagine the extended shipping delays once their enlarger Kickstarter ends? Kind of reminds me of waiting a YEAR to get my Kickstarter 8x10.

“When you look at a well executed print, rarely does the viewer care what camera, lens, film. developer or printing paper made the image. It is immaterial to the visual result.”

Unless you are an Adams want to be, or a Weston or any other famous photographer!

I spent a year doing over 20 Monte Zucker seminars as he used our equipment. His thing was doing beautiful portraits with one light and a reflector.

One day he was posing a bride and groom. He had them both seated, the groom slightly behind the bride. He was unhappy with the groom’s height. So he had him sit on a telephone book. Raised him up just the right amount!

From the audience someone was frantically waving his hand and wanted to know “which city’s phone book” was he using!

Another seminar he mentioned how he and his assistant, Clay Blackmore, would use a ladder at receptions for overall room shots and groups shots and dance shots. Again the waving hand wanting to know what brand ladder!

As I was with Rollei at the time and Monte and Clay used Rollei 2 ¼ and Rollei studio lights and Rollei studio stands this attitude helped us a great deal to sell Rollei!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan9940 View Post
    Hmm, well, I ordered a lensboard for my 8x10 two weeks ago and have been told twice that "it should ship tomorrow." To date, I've not received any message that it has shipped! ONE lensboard...ONE!! If they can't process a simple order like this in a timely fashion, I truly feel for all of you waiting on cameras. Can you imagine the extended shipping delays once their enlarger Kickstarter ends? Kind of reminds me of waiting a YEAR to get my Kickstarter 8x10.
    Make the lens board yourself and curb your frustration. My friend Michael Roberts makes literally everything he needs photographically speaking himself and there are many around on this forum like him. I will consult his experience when I need a lens board extension for my 600C Fuji on the Intrepid when it eventually shows up.

I bought one of the Intrepid lens boards and what I received was so badly warped that when I did finally persuade it onto the front standard, it leaked copious amounts of light. I was able to flatten it somewhat by heating it with a paint stripper gun and pressing it under a stack of books. Not impressed.

Intrepid Camera

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    I bought one of the Intrepid lens boards and what I received was so badly warped that when I did finally persuade it onto the front standard, it leaked copious amounts of light. I was able to flatten it somewhat by heating it with a paint stripper gun and pressing it under a stack of books. Not impressed.
    Hi Paul, really sorry about that! I can only assume it got hot on its way to you, we have changed the material the boards are made of now to prevent this from happening again. I'm not in the workshop so don't know if you already have, but if you send an email to hello@theintrepidcamera.co.uk Naomi will be able to sort you out with a refund. Let me know if you have any questions, Best, Max