Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Intrepid - Communication & Delivery

Re: Intrepid - Communication & Delivery

I'm sorry to say that my experience with Intrepid has been nothing but poor. I waited nearly a year to get my Kickstarter 8x10--there were multiple delays in shippng--and a few weeks ago I needed a lensboard for a new lens I bought; ordered it and, to date, have not received it. I've sent multiple e-mails to which they've responded to exactly two and, most recently, they said another one would be going out today. Well...today is over for them and I've not received any shipped notification. This is a simple lensboard!!

I sure wish the Intrepid folks all the best with their business, but I can assure you that I'm one customer who will not deal with them, again.

Quote Originally Posted by awa1l View Post
    So far though the camera is great and it has everything I need at this point. I do have one issue, albeit quite minor at this stage. The dual knobs for rise and tilt are an excellent idea, unfortunately one of my tilt knobs does not clamp down properly and slips whenever it begins to tighten up and can turn forever. Maybe it has threaded the bolt, but it is how it was when it arrived so I'm not sure? Has anyone else had this happen?
    I ordered mine at about the same time and have the same issue on both tilt knobs. I've been able to work with it most of the time, but with my largest lens it can be an issue. I've emailed them asking about a fix this morning and hopefully it's something easy. Otherwise I'll have to modify it myself, which is not something I really want to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan9940 View Post
    I'm sorry to say that my experience with Intrepid has been nothing but poor. I waited nearly a year to get my Kickstarter 8x10--there were multiple delays in shippng--and a few weeks ago I needed a lensboard for a new lens I bought; ordered it and, to date, have not received it. I've sent multiple e-mails to which they've responded to exactly two and, most recently, they said another one would be going out today. Well...today is over for them and I've not received any shipped notification. This is a simple lensboard!!

I sure wish the Intrepid folks all the best with their business, but I can assure you that I'm one customer who will not deal with them, again.
    Checked the specs, states that the 8x10 camera is Sinar lens board compatible. Sinar boards are readily available on the used market and can be found reasonably priced. I'd give a Sinar board a shot.

Roger

Intrepid Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Alan9940 View Post

Hello Alan, very sorry the lens board got lost in the post, we did ship you a new one as soon as you let us know it was missing and that board should be with you soon. I just looked at the emails and someone has responded to all of the several emails we got from you, sorry if we missed any though. I appreciate communication from Intrepid has been poor in the past, particularly when we were swamped with the 8x10 work and I am sorry about that! If you have any other questions please feel free to email or give us a call.

Best, Max

I ordered my 4x5 in mid August with the 6 week lead time mentioned on their website. I was notified of its shipment after 10 weeks (29 Oct). Still not here yet, 6 weeks is still mentioned as the lead time on their website and - most amazing of all - no tracking number.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelo View Post
    I ordered my 4x5 in mid August with the 6 week lead time mentioned on their website. I was notified of its shipment after 10 weeks (29 Oct). Still not here yet, 6 weeks is still mentioned as the lead time on their website and - most amazing of all - no tracking number.
    I ordered an 8X10 in May and it was shipped in October. I was told there would be a tracking number emailed when it shipped, by that did not happen. Intrepid really ought to find a way to communicate better. It would be ideal if they had a customer log-in that allows the customer to view order status, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by OlTomTardis View Post
    I ordered mine at about the same time and have the same issue on both tilt knobs. I've been able to work with it most of the time, but with my largest lens it can be an issue. I've emailed them asking about a fix this morning and hopefully it's something easy. Otherwise I'll have to modify it myself, which is not something I really want to do...
    Any word on a fix for the tilt knob?

Received my 4x5 today - looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by awa1l View Post
    Any word on a fix for the tilt knob?
    Not a peep out of them. I'm going to keep at them because that may be even more annoying than the tilt knob. In the meantime I guess I'll have to try to figure something out myself

2019 - still the same...
    “When we have no thought of achievement, no thought of self, we are true beginners... This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.”
    - Shunryu Suzuki -