Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brett Weston Exhibit

Re: Brett Weston Exhibit

Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    Hi Bob,

I hope you get the chance. Your admiration is noted!

As the Brett Weston Archive (Oklahoma City) continues to gift Brett's prints to museums, the viewing opportunities increase. Cleveland Museum of Art exhibited their gift of 40 prints from the Archive earlier this year.

Brett was true to his vision, from a teenager in Mexico to an octogenarian in Hawaii. He never strayed from his path, or played to the crowd. His technique was simple, not even a light meter. When I think of Brett, this quote from Strand comes to mind:

"No matter what lens you use, no matter what speed the film, no matter how you develop it, no matter how you print it, you cannot say more than you can see." --- Paul Strand

Brett could see!
    Thanks Merg , simple workflow is important and very much overlooked.

Re: Brett Weston Exhibit

Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    Hi Bob,

I hope you get the chance. Your admiration is noted!

As the Brett Weston Archive (Oklahoma City) continues to gift Brett's prints to museums, the viewing opportunities increase. Cleveland Museum of Art exhibited their gift of 40 prints from the Archive earlier this year.

Brett was true to his vision, from a teenager in Mexico to an octogenarian in Hawaii. He never strayed from his path, or played to the crowd. His technique was simple, not even a light meter. When I think of Brett, this quote from Strand comes to mind:

"No matter what lens you use, no matter what speed the film, no matter how you develop it, no matter how you print it, you cannot say more than you can see." --- Paul Strand

Brett could see!
    Yes indeed Brett could see. I am remembering a quote from Edward referencing the differentiating proposition necessary in meaningful photography. The term he used was "Seeing Plus". The apple did not fall far from that tree.