Thread: Fomapan 100 Half Plate size?

Fomapan 100 Half Plate size?

Hi,

I have some Fidelity Half Plate dark slides. They are labelled 6.5" x 4.75" - 12x16.5cm.

I am looking at buying some film. Other than a special order for Ilford film, I can only find Fomapan 100 in 50 sheet boxes. My question is: has anyone used this film and are able to confirm the size. Is it 6.5" x 4.75" or 12x16.5cm? The film will need to be the cm size to fit my holders. If anyone has some they can measure that would be great. I have emailed Foma, with no response, so far. I don't want to buy 7x5 film holders when I have a half dozen half plate holders.

Thanks

Paul

Re: Fomapan 100 Half Plate size?

Those values are equivalent to <0.5 mm in one dimension and 0.1 in the other. From a holder fit perspective they are the same.

centimeters = inch * 2.54
    Newly made large format dry plates available! Look:
    https://www.pictoriographica.com

Thanks for the quick reply.

I trimmed some paper down to 6.5" x 4.75" and it does not fit the film holder. It does need to be 1mm smaller to fit in the slot. I am hoping that Foma make some allowance for this and cut the film slightly smaller than 6.5" x 4.75". Cutting paper to 11.9 x 16.4cm is a perfect fit.

I use the foma half plate film for my toyo half plate holders. Works like a charm. Never measured it exactly though... But the dimension must be the same as ilford's half plate - I use both (when I manage to get the order from ilford in time...)
    Website of sorts, as well as flickr thing.

OK, went down to check the negs - FOMA half plate is according to my ancient caliper-thing something like 11,85mm x 16,35mm
    Website of sorts, as well as flickr thing.

Fomapan 100 Half Plate size?

Sounds about right, actually. Sheet film is always a bit smaller than the original glass plate counterparts. I cut my half-plate sized plates to 11.8 x 16.4 cm so that makes sense.
    Newly made large format dry plates available! Look:
    https://www.pictoriographica.com

Thanks Andreios, that helps a lot. I can now order the film in the knowledge that it will fit my backs.

Cheers

Paul

Just to add. I bought the Fomapan 100 film in Half Plate and it fits the Fidelity holders perfectly.