Thread: Help me to find the right Gitzo tripod for this column

Help me to find the right Gitzo tripod for this column

Some years ago I found this tripod accessory at a lot for almost nothing. It fell in oblivion til recently when I found it again. I now know it is for a Gitzo tripod but which one ? It seems for a bigger one or?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gitzo-2.jpg   Gitzo.jpg  

Re: Help me to find the right Gitzo tripod for this column

Recently i was looking for a non-column plate for my Gitzo. It has that 85mm opening. i found a plate at Pacific Rim Camera on eBay. They labeled it as a base plate for an astronomy tripod. I had no idea there was a separate line of tripods for telescopes. Talk to Manfrotto USA and see what they say.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

Quote Originally Posted by scheinfluger_77 View Post
    Recently i was looking for a non-column plate for my Gitzo. It has that 85mm opening. i found a plate at Pacific Rim Camera on eBay. They labeled it as a base plate for an astronomy tripod. I had no idea there was a separate line of tripods for telescopes. Talk to Manfrotto USA and see what they say.
    Ok Steve... Do you have any name or some kind of production number on your Gitzo tripod? Any picture you can share?

Peter

My tripod has no identifying info, giving me a tough time. I would say send a photo along with your query to manfrotto, be sure to stress the diameter of the plate you show. I have photos but don’t think they would help.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

Quote Originally Posted by Karlpeter View Post
    Some years ago I found this tripod accessory at a lot for almost nothing. It fell in oblivion til recently when I found it again. I now know it is for a Gitzo tripod but which one ? It seems for a bigger one or?
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...2&d=1534091080
    Since the diameter is 85mm, so it's not for series 4 or below(which is 75mm).
    It looks for series 5 Gitzo.
    Please review this short list: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/searc...op+Nav-Search=
    But, the column is from pre version/mark 2 Gitzo. Whether it fit newer version mark 3(& mark 2) of the same series or the older versions(pre-version 2), and how?, I actually do not know.
    But, you may read Q&A of B&H# GIGS3321SP(75mm top plate), mostly you will find an answer.
    Hope this help.

The generosity of spirit in this forum is great, its warmly appreciated.
    ------------------------------

I found the center column I had removed from a GT5561GTS. The diameter is the same as your measurement. The only differences are the paint and mine has a keyway to prevent the center column from rotating which I don't see in your picture.

jeff