Thread: gitzo series 3 GT3530s , i am looking for ling center column, would the one work ?

gitzo series 3 GT3530s , i am looking for ling center column, would the one work ?

Hi there
    does anyone know if this column

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...er_column.html

would fit my series 3 GT3530s ?

the column above its advertised for series 5 but basically i wonder if gitzo did change the way these things attach ...

thanks !

g

Re: gitzo series 3 GT3530s , i am looking for ling center column, would the one work

Quote Originally Posted by gabriele turchi View Post
    Hi there
    does anyone know if this column

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...er_column.html

would fit my series 3 GT3530s ?

the column above its advertised for series 5 but basically i wonder if gitzo did change the way these things attach ...

thanks !

g
    I have had recent correspondence with Manfrotto. You might contact them directly and ask
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

Re: gitzo series 3 GT3530s , i am looking for ling center column, would the one work

Here's a link to the Manfrotto/Gitzo site. It looks like the Series 3 is different from the Series 5.

https://www.manfrotto.us/gitzo/acces...ic-accessories
    Best,
    Dennis

This super versatility will bring the center of weight much higher, specially with LF cameras.
    Sorry do not have definite answer, but the replacement top tripod plate(included) of the GS5513XLS center column, is bigger in series 5 systematic compared to the top plate of series 4 and 3 systematic.
    If you add that your tripod is pre version 2, and this center column is version 3, it's mostly not compatible.

The generosity of spirit in this forum is great, its warmly appreciated.
    ------------------------------

I use one of these telescopic center columns on a series 5 Gitzo tripod. I have a remote controlled motorized head on it which lets me point my Canon dslr when it is too high to reach (don't carry a ladder). It takes very little wind to move the camera when the center column is extended 5' up. It would be very rare that it would be stable enough for an LF camera.

The series 3 tripods use a smaller center column, so no this will not fit it.

jeff

thank you all

g