I just received delivery of a Sinar P2 4x5 that I was very excited to get a decent deal on from Ebay complete with an inbox WA bellows and the 5x7 conversion. I got it on the tripod and realized that the fine focus on the front standard wasn't working properly, it worked fine until moving up to around "2" on the scale and then disengaged. It took me a while to be able to see the problem but I figured out that at that point the track is missing a few teeth.

When I was searching around regarding this problem I did see a few people say that those tracks are nylon and can be an issue. My question is, is it something I can order and put in and maybe just ask the seller for a discount or is it something that would have to go to a technician? It looks pretty difficult to get to.

I know Bob at Precision Camera Works would probably be the best pick for that work but I imagine between sending it to him and waiting for it, it would probably cost me a few hundred dollars. If it's not easy to fix I guess, I'll have to return it, too bad though as it's a nice kit otherwise!

I'm in Los Angeles if that helps any.

Best,
John