Quote Originally Posted by angusparker View Post
If you use ArqBackUp on the client side the cloud service only sees encrypted rubbish and you are the only person with the key. No one except maybe the NSA with a very big computer and a lot of time (like months) is going to read you files. Personally I would love them wasting their time decrypting my large format photos ... :-)
That is true. If it is encrypted like PGP, then the code is not breakable, at least in a 1000 lifetimes according to the military and the FBI and such who bitched a storm about it because of that, and that is the weak encryption algorithm. The only way they could get you is to intercept the key if it is emailed to you or to confiscate your computer or hack into it and get the key/s that way. I think what I would do is put the key into 1password and ditch the original key. The it is encrypted. I like that, an encryption of an encryption.

I may look up ArqBackUp. What is price? I have at least a couple of TB of images. Mostly crap and family, but also some keepers.