Thread: Printer Proof work in Toronto

Printer Proof work in Toronto

Hi All

This show Printer Proof will be up for a few months here in Toronto at my Connections Gallery, I hope that if you are visiting Toronto before October you consider dropping by and checking it out.
    Also included in the show are Solarizations of my own work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4552.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	180520

Drew Wiley

Re: Printer Proof work in Toronto

Oh my, Bob, wish I could visit someday and see what you are up to. Right now I'm just hoping to have my truck fixed before the summer is nearly over, so
    I can just get a taste of high altitude before the serious backpacking season in Sept/Oct. Headed to the darkroom in a moment for some silver printing. But
    I still scratch my head wondering what particular negs would look like in Pt/Pd or carbon. It is wonderful that you are providing photographers this specialized
    printing service.

Thanks Drew. Would be nice to meet you someday , just make sure bigfoot behaves around me.
    I think you should not worry too much about what negs look like in any paticular process, just make them the way you want the images to look like in your preferred process. These days I am doing gum over palladium and I have to say that I think I have fell in love with photographic prints all over again, once this happens to you it probably means you are on the right track.

Drew Wiley

Well, I just hope you have an apprentice or two who can pick up some of your broad experience in order to keep your specialized services available as a business niche. I suspect the day will come when you'll want to spend more time concentrating on your personal images.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    Well, I just hope you have an apprentice or two who can pick up some of your broad experience in order to keep your specialized services available as a business niche. I suspect the day will come when you'll want to spend more time concentrating on your personal images.
    Yes that would be the plan, I hope I can make it work, it a large city overheads are out of line and are dangerous for small businesses that have equipment placement needs.

Bob,

Thank you from my wife and myself for the showing of the images today, and taking time to provide insight and background.

Quite an extensive visual resume of your printing for others and your own images.

A pleasure as always to talk to you,

Len

Quote Originally Posted by Len Middleton View Post
    Bob,

Thank you from my wife and myself for the showing of the images today, and taking time to provide insight and background.

Quite an extensive visual resume of your printing for others and your own images.

A pleasure as always to talk to you,

Len
    Thanks Len I was nice to meet your better half she was quite nice and it looked like you both had fun.

regards Bob

Ray Van Nes

Looks like a great show. Unfortunately, not planning to be in TO for a while. Will check in whenever I am out that way.
    Cheers
    Ray

Wish I could see this show.... just too far away.