Thread: Jobo ATL Processor

Jobo ATL Processor

I have the opportunity to buy a Jobo ATL 3 processor which is not in the best of condition.

I have no experience with them so I really don't know what I should be looking for, apart from the obvious things like if it's running etc.

Has anyone had any experience with them? Would you recommend them for home developing?

Re: Jobo ATL Processor

Unless you are running LARGE volumes of film through it, it is over kill. A CPE2+ or CPE3 might be a better fit.

These ATL machines are getting pretty long in the tooth now. I have experience with this. I have an ATL2+ that was given to me. First practice run, smoke came out. Got it fixed with used parts (new aren't available) and a couple runs later, another issue occurred. Lots of film ruined and money down the drain. I bought 2 CPE2+ with various drums and reels for less that I spent on repairs to the ATL.

I would stay away from this, the lift arms are notorious and in Austraila you may have issues finding parts as well someone who can fix.

I use the new CPP3 and like it but it is expensive.
    For home work stainless steel tanks reels and holders would be the way to go.

btw I owned 4 alt2300 and have felt the pain, one new which lasted a very long time and three used which did not.

Thank you guys, I think I'll walk away from it then.

Late to chime in here on this post but for what it's worth... Years ago acquired a JOBO ALT at what seems to be a real bargain price. Wasn't working but it looked to be in almost MINT condition. Father-in-Law is an electrical engineer, so thought we'd be able to get the ATL up and running again. He took it and told me that it popped the circuit breaker the first time he plugged it in. He then trouble-shot the ALT, and told me to just "junk it". Circuitry was fried and replacement OEM circuitry was to be had but at a ridiculously high price.

I bought an ATL3 a few years ago and it lasted for about a year. There was a bit of smoke involved. I have tons of parts for it, but shipping to Australia would be very expensive. It was great while it lasted. They truly are wonderful to behold in operation. Once you set up the process, you pretty much chill out and wait for it to do ... everything, but it is the size of a small sports car and took up almost all my darkroom. I had it on a very large table which I could roll in and out. After it died, I got a used CPP2 from Catlabs and I am very happy with it, although I confess to nostalgia over the ATL.

Talk to Omer at Catlabs and see what the shipping would be. It might be worth it.