Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulf and Ilford!

Ulf and Ilford!

I am curious as to why more people are not responding to Ilford's announcement on their website that they are seriously considering providing large sheet film for the ULF community. Is it possible that the demand is not so great? I, for one, would like to see FP4 and HP5 in 14x17 and 16x 20 on an annual or semi-annual basis.

Go to www.ilford.com and see their Ilfopro forum for more information. They are asking those who are interested to register their wishes.

Ulf and Ilford!

Because I cannot find the damn thread. What good is to ask about customer's opinions if the thread is hidden in more than 3000 messages? If they really wanted an opinion and how we would respond to their product they would come to this forum and APUG to ask the damn question!

I use fp4, I would buy it and I would love to let them know, but I am not about to spend 40 minutes looking for the thread.

Ulf and Ilford!

It is not that hard to find - go to www.ilford.com/html/us_english/ILFOPRO/forum/default.asp which is the forum front page and it is the sixth thread down in the categories called (and this is perhaps where the confusion arises) PULPA. Once you know this it takes literally seconds to get in to.

Paul

Ulf and Ilford!

http://www.ilford.com/html/us_english/ILFOPRO/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6720

Ulf and Ilford!

Jorge, I hope you will make the effort, even if it's not so convenient as you would like. With Forte still on none-too-solid ground, and harder to communicate with than Ilford even under the best of circumstances, there's a non-negligible risk that we could end up with nothing. If users of niche-within-a-niche products like ULF sheet film aren't willing to go the extra mile to support those vendors who are willing to play - yes, even if they mess up in some ways - the products will be gone.

Ulf and Ilford!

Jorge - I dropped in to the Ilford forum and I see that you have just posted there. I really appreciate your adding your voice - we need the support of dedicated users like you. Thanks...

Ulf and Ilford!

Yeah...PULPA what a dumb name! Anyhow I posted my preference and I will post this in APUG, maybe we can stirr up a little bit more interest.

Ulf and Ilford!

Does anybody know what PULPA means?

I posted over there but honestly Illford has not cut film for the 8x20 in the past. And cutting down 12x20 while other manufactures will cut film to 8x20 doesn't make any sense to me.
    If that continues, I'll stay with J&C. Their prices are great and their service is fine.

George Losse

Ulf and Ilford!

Does anybody know what PULPA means?

Per email from Steve Coomber of Ilford, it stands for "Provisional Ultra-Large Photography Associates".

George, we'll see what Ilford finally comes up with, but what many of us are hoping is that they will accept orders for whatever sizes we want, so long as we are willing to back up those orders with cash rather than expecting Ilford to produce for stock on a speculative basis. If they are able to deliver on that, I hope you'll support the effort.

Ulf and Ilford!

"Provisional Ultra-Large Photography Associates"

That sounds like a mouthful.

I only have one problem with the business model that Illford wants us to go into. They produce a product once a year to fill orders, then we have to keep it fresh in cold storage and hope that we did not over or under estimate our usage for the year. Then after the dealers that used to be there at the other end of the phone ready to supply us stop stocking ULF sizes, Illford changes its mind next year and we are left with NO suppliers of ULF sizes.

I like having the ability to say, I need more film for this unplanned trip in two weeks, I'll pick up the phone and order some. And not have to worry about if I go over budget on film usage for the year.

I think I'll take a wait and see approach with Illford. If they do this more then once, I'll think about ordering film from them.

George