Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My thoughts on AZO vs. Ilford Galerie and Warmtone papers

Re: My thoughts on AZO vs. Ilford Galerie and Warmtone papers

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Before an unfounded rumor gets out of hand: Galerie grades 2 and 3 continue to be listed on the Ilford Photo website, and both grades are also included in the new price sheet that Roberts issued this April, after taking over the Ilford Photo distributorship here.
    That’s good to hear, hope it’s around for years

Real photographs are born wet !

www.PowerOfProcessTips.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherman View Post
    That’s good to hear, hope it’s around for years
    There are obviously no guarantees, especially in today's market. But back when he was representing Harman on APUG, Simon Galley said something to the effect that they have a goal of not losing any of the existing Ilford-branded films or papers, though some sizes/formats may come and go with demand. If memory serves, they have so far stuck to that since Harman assumed control of the company in the bankruptcy/reorganization in 2005, assuming one counts the replacement of Multigrade IV FB with Multigrade FB Classic as a further development of an existing product rather than a discontinuation. And they've introduced a couple of other new papers too - MG Art and MG FB Cooltone. So here's hoping...

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    There are obviously no guarantees, especially in today's market. But back when he was representing Harman on APUG, Simon Galley said something to the effect that they have a goal of not losing any of the existing Ilford-branded films or papers, though some sizes/formats may come and go with demand. If memory serves, they have so far stuck to that since Harman assumed control of the company in the bankruptcy/reorganization in 2005, assuming one counts the replacement of Multigrade IV FB with Multigrade FB Classic as a further development of an existing product rather than a discontinuation. And they've introduced a couple of other new papers too - MG Art and MG FB Cooltone. So here's hoping...
    I agree, I have steadfastly been loyal to all Ilford products for that very reason. However, I’ve had a Wynit price list since 2014 and have seen products scheduled for being discontinued, usually smaller packaging. Let’s hope Ilford’s light sensitive materials are around for a long time.

Real photographs are born wet !

www.PowerOfProcessTips.com