Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goerz Dagor 355mm f/7.7 --VS-- NIkkor-M 450mmm F/9 For 16x20 - Which Would You Get?

Re: Goerz Dagor 355mm f/7.7 --VS-- NIkkor-M 450mmm F/9 For 16x20 - Which Would You G

Hello everyone!

Wow, thank you for all the messages/replies of support!
    Sorry, I was away for the weekend (my uncles cottage).

I'll definitely reply to everyone tonight.

Have a great week people!
    Cheers,
    Kevin

Re: Goerz Dagor 355mm f/7.7 --VS-- NIkkor-M 450mmm F/9 For 16x20 - Which Would You G

Hello Luis-F-S, Sorry, I should have written better, the lens would be used in a studio to get a full human body in the shot in both orientations. Thank you!

goamules, Thank you, I will look for a fast lens (I do have a few 9600 ws heads that I hope will help)

Thank you for the advice and Links Randy Moe. I think I'm okay for a portrait lens though.

Hello Pere Casals, yes sir, I was informed of this recently. I was hoping to shoot full body shots with the subject far from infinity focus.
    Like Giles Clement has shot, he used a 14" lens but I think his lens is very rare

Hello William Whitaker, Thanks, for the advice and link. I'll spend ore time investigating these lenses! Thanks again!

Hey DolphinDan, thanks again for replying! Oh wow, okay, hmm... Thank you for the warnings and advice about those lenses.
    Also thanks for warning me about the bellows. I was worried about this and I didn't' get a clear answer from a bellows maker.
    Interesting the camera is supposed to have a Min. extension of 130mm.... thank you again tho

Hello thegreatcornholio, Okay, awesome I will look into this type of lens. Most of the full body shots that have inspired me were in studios with artificial light.
    But you are right, nothing stopping me from shooting outside with natural light.

Hello DrTang, wow that sounds versatile. Are they rare and expensive?

Serious Amateur Photographer pepeguitarra's Avatar

Excellent article.
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones