Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: alternatives to photoshop

alternatives to photoshop

I like the card waving idea. While only useful for long exposures, I can see that working for some of the water shots that I do along with interiors work. While nowhere near as accurate as computer control, it should be fun to give it a try on a high contrast scene to see what I get.

Thanks.

Do not forget those tiny rotary fans they once used in place of center filters.:-)

If you could get a 4x5 piece of that glass they use to make auto adjusting sun glasses, you could stick it in front of the film holder, expose it a while, then pull the dark slide and get a perfect contrast mask.

I have nothing against darkroom work, I just do not have the space to set up a dark room to make big prints, nor the time to work for the stretches necessary to make good prints. With photoshop I can work on an image when I get some time, then put it down again. If time and space were not an issue, I would work in silver. I do not see digital as better in general, but for me it is better than not doing large format printing at all.

Ed: I do not see digital as better in general, but for me it is better than not doing large format printing at all.

Most excellent point. And you will always have those good LF negatives should you one day want to do the wet thing, or come across an affordable, high-quality LF scanner.