Thread: International stock agency for desert landscapes?

International stock agency for desert landscapes?

Hello

I do desert landscape photography in medium and large format for the love of it.

I have work from South America, the Sahara, Namibia, Jordan, USA, Baja California and Iceland.

You can see my most recent work at my drydream site. These are all 6x7 and going forward I'll add scans of some large format trannies and of previous travels.

I'd like to make my photos available to a larger audience.

Questions:

- Can someone recommend a reputable stock agency that sells images of this type? Ideally, this stock agency would sell internationally and stock landscape images from all continents.

- What do you think of the quality of my images for this purpose in terms of subject matter, composition, appearance or even artistic merit?

Thanks for all comments,
    Frank

Eric, On the

Altiplano
    , maybe :-) ? Frank, I would try first Getty Images. In case you don't know, they are the largest stock agency in the world, and also thanks to their dominant position generate by far the largest return per image. In general, it is pretty difficult these days to get into Getty, but you might have a chance since your images are both rare and excellent. I did a search on "altiplano" on Getty, and you certainly trump what they have. If you want a relationship with a smaller (much smaller) specialized agency that does MF/LF landscapes, Larry Ulrich comes to mind. It would probably be a nicer relationship, but you'd probably make more money (much more) on Getty.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I submitted my website to Getty the same day QT mentioned it but my submission got rejected today. By the way, they only take digital low res images for initial submissions and a website is fine.

Before I submit to someone else, I'll scan and publish more of my work on the website and I'll edit more stringently.

Can someone recommend more agencies to try other than Larry Ulrich, with the emphasis on international customer base and international subject matter? Corbis?