Thread: Imacon Flextight Problem

Imacon Flextight Problem

I have an Imacon Flextight Precision III scanner that has developed a problem that has me baffled. When the film holder is being ejected after scanning is complete the rear end of the holder gets stuck and will not fully eject until I lift up the front of holder which seems to free it from some obstruction that I cannot identify. While the holder is stuck there is a great deal of banging noise which I assume is my very expensive stepper motor complaining, which can't be good. I've taken the scanner apart and cleaned it, but can't see what the problem might be. BTW, the scans themselves are fine Any ideas anyone?

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/

Re: Imacon Flextight Problem

by any chance is the film holder split at the top and you are using tape to hold together, if so maybe the tape is getting caught.. I have about 6 holders and all of them have split and I use splicing tape to hold them, Or is the film popping out and causing an issue, this did also happen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    by any chance is the film holder split at the top and you are using tape to hold together, if so maybe the tape is getting caught.. I have about 6 holders and all of them have split and I use splicing tape to hold them, Or is the film popping out and causing an issue, this did also happen to me.
    Thanks Bob, but neither of these things are going on. The holders are in good condition, and the film stays in position.

Richard Wasserman

Omer H from Cat Labs has a good handle on these units, when it gets complicated I like giving him a call, if he cannot give you the fix, he most likely knows the right person.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    Omer H from Cat Labs has a good handle on these units, when it gets complicated I like giving him a call, if he cannot give you the fix, he most likely knows the right person.
    I'll call him,thanks!

Richard Wasserman

Maybe the scanner part taking the holder is exiting to much from the scanner?
    This can be corrected with a regulation, a hidden setting of the scanner?
    It happened to my X5 onece.

Sandro

Thanks Sandro,

I wish I knew how to check this and then adjust it if necessary. I will investigate.

Richard Wasserman

Double check your film holder settings. If it's not set for the right one, all kinds of banging goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Wasserman View Post
    Thanks Sandro,

I wish I knew how to check this and then adjust it if necessary. I will investigate.

I remeber the technician open a sort of hidden window in the Flextight application, pressing Alt or Command while clicking on one menu item; I regret I didn't recorded the gesture (or ask explicitly). You could maybe ask to a local Hasselblad support guy.