Thread: Wollensak 159mm Lens Shutter Options

Wollensak 159mm Lens Shutter Options

I have a Wollensak 159mm lens mounted in an Alphax F9.5 shutter where the T setting is failing making it difficult to focus. I can use a cable with a lock on the B setting but is there another type of shutter, maybe one with a focus preview lever, that the lenses can be mounted in?

loujon

Re: Wollensak 159mm Lens Shutter Options

Quote Originally Posted by joedgaia View Post
    I have a Wollensak 159mm lens mounted in an Alphax F9.5 shutter where the T setting is failing making it difficult to focus. I can use a cable with a lock on the B setting but is there another type of shutter, maybe one with a focus preview lever, that the lenses can be mounted in?
    My late version is mounted in the largest Rapax shutter which is laoded with features including a switched flash sync, T -B 1-400 & a preview lever.

I'm not sure but I would guess if your WA is a later coated version (so post WWII), it would be a direct fit from The Alphax (self setting shutter) to the largest size Rapax w/ preview lever (manual set shutter). Seeing how it's the same time frame and the same company they may have the same size cells .

I'm working away from home for a few more days but will/can put my calipers on my cells/shutter when I'm back at the house. I would guess you can find some of if not all the dimensions at Camera Eccentric in the Wollensak catalogs.

Re: Wollensak 159mm Lens Shutter Options

TY Louis