Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fujinon L series

Fujinon L series

Did Fujinon ever make a 240 or 250mm version of this? I know about the 210, 300, and 420- any other lenses in this line?

Re: Fujinon L series

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Graham View Post
    I know about the 210, 300, and 420- any other lenses in this line?
    The list I have shows those three focal lengths.
    There were multiple versions of each, but no other focal lengths.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

Thanks.

I apologize because you surely know the L Series are Tessar design. Have you tried a 250mm Ektar in exc. condition?

The Fujinar lenses are also Tessar designs, and Fuji made a 25cm f/4.5. It's f/4.5 in the Shamal shutter, and f/4.7 in a Copal 3 shutter, which is probably easier to find and definitely easier to repair. I have a Fujinar 25cm f/4.7 and it's one of my favorite lenses. They're single coated, but I don't recall having any flare problems, especially since I use a Lee hood. Wide open, it's a bit of a "gentle focus" lens (not a real soft focus lens, just a bit more forgiving than other designs), but at f/11 and down, I couldn't tell the difference between it and my 250 f/6.3 Fuji, so I sold the 250/6.3.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/drew_saunders/

No, thanks for mentioning it- I had it in my head that there was only the gauss wide field 250. Didn't realize that there was a 6.3 tessar Commercial Ektar as well.

Quote Originally Posted by consummate_fritterer View Post
    I apologize because you surely know the L Series are Tessar design. Have you tried a 250mm Ektar in exc. condition?

Quote Originally Posted by drew.saunders View Post
    The Fujinar lenses are also Tessar designs, and Fuji made a 25cm f/4.5. It's f/4.5 in the Shamal shutter, and f/4.7 in a Copal 3 shutter, which is probably easier to find and definitely easier to repair. I have a Fujinar 25cm f/4.7 and it's one of my favorite lenses. They're single coated, but I don't recall having any flare problems, especially since I use a Lee hood. Wide open, it's a bit of a "gentle focus" lens (not a real soft focus lens, just a bit more forgiving than other designs), but at f/11 and down, I couldn't tell the difference between it and my 250 f/6.3 Fuji, so I sold the 250/6.3.
    Thanks Drew, I'll look around for one.

Quote Originally Posted by drew.saunders View Post
    ...and Fuji made a 25cm f/4.5. It's f/4.5 in the Shamal shutter...
    Shanel.

Also, IIRC the f/4.7 is in Copal 3S - not a huge deal, except when you thought you had a 3 and you're trying to fit it to a lensboard already drilled for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Graham View Post
    No, thanks for mentioning it- I had it in my head that there was only the gauss wide field 250. Didn't realize that there was a 6.3 tessar Commercial Ektar as well.
    It's actually a 10" (254mm).

The Shanel shutters were made by Musashino-Koki, which later became Rittreck and then Wista. There are two kinds of Shanel shutters. The 5A was designed for mounting barrel lenses, and has a shutter mechanism only. The 5B and 5B-S have an aperture mechanism also, with the scale usually starting at f/4.5, though they could be customized on demand. Both shutters have speeds from 1s to 1/100s plus B, with M and X sync.They are as reliable as Copal shutters.

Kumar