Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Short Film "Sharing the Light" featuring Bob Kolbrener

Re: Short Film "Sharing the Light" featuring Bob Kolbrener

Great short film. Definitely inspiring! Thanks for posting this. Yes, we do appreciate it. If they are up to it, I think we all would like to see more.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneH View Post
    Thank you all so much for checking out the film and commenting. Your comments mean so much to the filmmakers - especially from this group! If you know of any other groups or forums you think might be interested, please don't hesitate to share. Thank you again so much!

I'm not a filmmaker but the video looked very professional to me. Tell them that they did a great job!

I think many on Photrio (formally APUG) would be interested in seeing it if you want to post it there. There is also YouTube.

https://www.photrio.com/forum/

Thanks so very much, Alan! We will totally check out posting on Photrio! Great suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    I'm not a filmmaker but the video looked very professional to me. Tell them that they did a great job!

I think many on Photrio (formally APUG) would be interested in seeing it if you want to post it there. There is also YouTube.

https://www.photrio.com/forum/

Matt Alexander

Really nice job!
    Would love to see more - it felt like I was just watching a preview of something bigger

A beautiful little film. Good luck to Nolan, as a teacher and LF photographer for 70+ years and an acquaintance of Ansel's as well as a close friend of Al Weber, it makes me feel good to see a young person so dedicated to the field of photography which I love and have spent my life with. Although still active as a teacher and photographer, it warms my heart to see a young person with the drive to keep going in the face of the too big a swing toward digital imaging. We need to encourage and support as many young people like him as we can find.

We would love that, too! Thanks, much.
    Quote Originally Posted by malexand View Post
    Really nice job!
    Would love to see more - it felt like I was just watching a preview of something bigger

Jim, I could not agree more! Yes!!! Perhaps this film, in its own little way, will inspire a few young people to explore large format photography. I certainly hope so.

I passed your comment along to Nolan. He was very moved by it and wanted me to express his gratitude to you. Thanks for your lovely comment. And keep on truckin'! Warm regards, Suzanne
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    A beautiful little film. Good luck to Nolan, as a teacher and LF photographer for 70+ years and an acquaintance of Ansel's as well as a close friend of Al Weber, it makes me feel good to see a young person so dedicated to the field of photography which I love and have spent my life with. Although still active as a teacher and photographer, it warms my heart to see a young person with the drive to keep going in the face of the too big a swing toward digital imaging. We need to encourage and support as many young people like him as we can find.

Excellent! Thanks so much for sharing. I'm sure you're very proud of both!

That was wonderful! I could sense the passion, of student and teacher. I hope Nolan's dedication and love for the process continues. As Jim suggests, we need to encourage his generation as they face the challenges and opportunities of present day photography. The future is bright; also knowing the history is important.

Thanks for sharing.

a very lovely short film, thanks for sharing this.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...