Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linhof Right Hand Anatomical Grips

Re: Linhof Right Hand Anatomical Grips

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Since they won’t fit a Master Technika 3000, 2000, Classic, V, IV or lll it would make a huge difference!
    Stop with the catalog stuff. The subject is the L/R grips on my camera, which are perfectly mirrored.

Oh, and I do have a right-hand grip on my Super Technika V. It was shown in my earlier post. My Linhof right-hand grip fits almost any camera that has a side-mounted rangefinder which includes more than Linhof brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    Stop with the catalog stuff. The subject is the L/R grips on my camera, which are perfectly mirrored.

Oh, and I do have a right-hand grip on my Super Technika V. It was shown in my earlier post. My Linhof right-hand grip fits almost any camera that has a side-mounted rangefinder which includes more than Linhof brands.
    A Linhof right grip fits anything with an E clip mount. It doesn’t need a rangefinder to mount it.

Jac,

Thanks for the pics. I assume that the grip on the right, is for the right hand, and that metal groove is what slides onto the matching piece on the rangefinder housing? I've never seen a right-hand grip (but I have 3 LH grips, one each that came with my Tech IV, Master Tech, and Linhof 70). I considered looking for a RH grip, but after I discovered that the RH grip slipped onto the RF housing, I realized that would move the center of mass of the camera even further away from the hand - correct? I like the Linhof grip but a typical setup is so heavy that it's definitely a chore/workout to use, and my wrists are in pain after a day of shooting. A grip another inch or so away from the body would cause even more torque on my hand/wrist, though of course your double grips fix that just fine .
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

I have got a right hand grip that came with my master technika. I have never actually used it and have so far only used the left grip. I notice that the right grips are no longer available. The previous owner of the camera used it for aerial photography for which I presume it was helpful to have both grips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Robclarke View Post
    I have got a right hand grip that came with my master technika. I have never actually used it and have so far only used the left grip. I notice that the right grips are no longer available. The previous owner of the camera used it for aerial photography for which I presume it was helpful to have both grips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Right grip is still in the latest Linhof factory price list. 002552 is the code.

Jac thanks for posting. Nice home-made camera! Did you machine all that? Impressive work, no doubt. Is that a 75 biogon? Looks like some heavy parts on there (are those columns and front piece solid aluminum?) Good to know about the right grips, they are hard to find on the used market. I kinda want one to put on my Cambo TWR if I can find one. (I Have a left grip on there already, it works well)

thanks
    -Ed

Right grip is still in the latest Linhof factory price list. 002552 is the code.
    And I'll bet is so expensive that it may as well be obsolete for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    And I'll bet is so expensive that it may as well be obsolete for the rest of us.
    I have no idea, I haven’t been involved with Linhof for over 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    Is that a 75 biogon? Looks like some heavy parts on there (are those columns and front piece solid aluminum?) Good to know about the right grips, they are hard to find on the used market. I kinda want one to put on my Cambo TWR if I can find one. (I Have a left grip on there already, it works well)
    Yes, 75mm Biogon. The material is Dupont Derlin rod & blocks machined to fit. Quite light and strong. No anodizing required to be black. Oh, I got this camera in unfinished condition, no finder, no grips, no tripod mount, etc. I suspect it was designed to be put into a gimbal orienting frame. Dunno.

Keep looking, Ed! Right-hand grips do show up occasionally! Good luck!

I like RH grips because I have gross left-hand injuries.

ASIDE: Here is an oddball left-hand grip. Pretty sure Linhof made it. Two photos.
    There is also an exceedingly rare right-hand version of this grip.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unusual-linhof-grip-1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	178598

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unusual-linhof-grip-2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	178599

(for the rare enthusiast of the Plaubel 6x10cm Veriwide camera, it was made to use the Rollei TLR grip and strap. I have not yet seen one other than mine using it. Photos available.)
    Last edited by Jac@stafford.net; 26-May-2018 at 06:48.

A Linhof right grip fits anything with an E clip mount. It doesn’t need a rangefinder to mount it.
    I can’t find much info about the e-clip spec (other than what Bob and others have posted here and at other fora over the years), but does anyone know if the e-clip mount on the late model Technika IIIs is identical to the e-clip mount on Tech IVs and later models? I know a number of things are not interchangeable between late Tech IIIs and Tech IVs and later, despite them looking quite similar (I.e the left hand grip is not cross compatible).

But would a right hand grip with e-clip fit on my Tech III rangefinder? The mount looks the same, however mine appears to be upside down compared with pictures I’ve seen on later model Tech e-clips.