Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I WAS ROBBED!

I WAS ROBBED!

Well, I just got back from Japan and my house was broken into. They stole both my cars. They used one of the vehicles, which was a van to cart away their haul. They stole my computers, tvs, dvd players ,phones. They stole ALL of my photo gear. I lost all my large format gear and several lenses. My densitometre is also gone as well as two enlarging lenses and weigh scale. If any nikkor 120, 210, 240, 300, 450, fujinon 90, RH Design densitometre, Canham8x10 light weight, mamiya RB67 with two film holders and 55mm, 127mm, and 360 mm lenses, 4x5 Linholf Tech 4, minolta metre 4, and digital spot metre, and drypress mount (I forget the maker...)...if any of these items appear on ebay could you email me? It is quite possible that they are mine...
    I'm devastated. I cannot do any photography at all. It took me many years to build up my gear and some little bastards made off with them...they even took my wife's contact lenses and my 4 year old daughter's Brat dolls!!! Scum!

I WAS ROBBED!

What a nightmare. My deepest sympathies. Yes, I will certainly keep you in mind as I see things on the 'net. You can also set up an automatic ebay search, I think.

Do you have household insurance that will cover it? (Please say Yes!)

I WAS ROBBED!

My sympathies Andrew, I check the 8x10 section of e bay almost every day, if I see anything like yours I will gladly e mail you.

I WAS ROBBED!

Hi Andrew,

That really sucks! I hope you have adequate insurance.

May I suggest you also post at http://www.photo.net/neighbor/registry/ where there is a stolen equipment list. I have heard Adorama and B&H check this list.

I WAS ROBBED!

Andrew, I know how you feel. We were robbed last year at our vacation place in Europe and they stole our car, a bunch of camera gear, a laptop and lots of smaller items. The biggest nightmare started afterwards, because the home owner insurance refused to pay for any of the stolen stuff, because there was no "forced" entry. Three weeks later the police found our car - the robbers used it as a get-away vehicle and the police gave them a chase. They almost totalled the car (unfortunately they did not completely total it - now we have a repaired car that every other week needs to go back to the shop for more repairs) but they didn't catch the bastards. Hopefully your insurance company won't give you any problems and you'll be able to buy back your lost gear. All the best and good luck!
    Juergen

I WAS ROBBED!

Please post more detailed info about your hot gear. That would help us identify it. I hope your insurance covers it of course, but it would be great to catch the thieves.

Best of luck.

I WAS ROBBED!

Andrew, I'm really sorry to hear your sad news. Most important thing is that you and your family are OK. I hope all the nuisances involved with cleaning up after a mess like this will pass quickly and with the minimum possible hassle, and that you and yours will soon be able to get back to days filled with only good things, doing the things you love to do. Good luck...

I WAS ROBBED!

Sorry to hear your news, Andrew. This happened to our family when I was in high school and was pretty disorienting. They had been casing our house for some time, and on the first day of school they did it. I came home and saw the mess everywhere and at first though my little sister had had a temper tantrum, and then I noticed the TV missing, and the microwave, and the broken window and my cameras. Fortunately we had good records of the stolen items, a clear break-in, and a good insurance settlement, so I upgraded my Canon A-1 to an F-1N that I still shoot today. They caught the robbers eventually, who were hitting the homes of jewelers in the Cleveland area. My parents owned a jewelry store at the time, but they kept valuable items in the store safe, not at home, as was the case, I'd imagine, with most other people in the business.

I WAS ROBBED!

I'm of the belief that some of the items may show up on ebay but the seller might be an innocent person who just got a real good buy on equipment through the local paper, swap meet, yard sale... etc. I keep my serial numbers of my lenses on my computer so I guess I'd be out of luck if someone stole my photo gear and computer.

I WAS ROBBED!

Andrew, my heart goes out to you and your family. Several years ago, I was the victim of a home robbery so I understand how violated you must feel. I am so very sorry that you are having to experience this nightmare. Give thanks that you weren't at home during the break in and that you are all safe. I wish there was more that I could do but alas, all I am able to offer are my prayers. Take care