I just wanted to let the group know about my Ebay misadventure, which is embarrassing to admit-but everyone can benefit from our collective mistakes. Nothing illegal mind you, but a purchase 'error'. I collect books and pamphlets on Weston, Ansel Adams, Strand and other photographers. I found a brochure on Strand on Ebay about 2 months ago I had never seen before, and bought it for a final price of 20 dollars. I assumed it was a somewhat rare item since I had not seen it before. Two weeks later I was at the Getty in L.A., and attended the Strand exhibit, and sure enough the FREE ctalogue that they give out (unlimited supply) was the one I bought. Anyway, it was my fault for not reading the fine print or asking more questions.

I did send the seller a note and said you really should have mentioned this is a free item that is currently available. The reason I mention it here is because sure enough, the same seller has the same Strand catalogue on Ebay again for sale in the Large format section. It does say 2005 catalogue, but just thought everyone should know it is also a free catalogue.