Thread: What did you make with your Frankenlens today?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What did you make with your Frankenlens today?

I've been looking at a problem child lens that sits on a shelf above my computer. It is a rebranded Voigtlander Euryscop Series IV no. 2 and inscribed as R. Walzl Baltimore. But it only had glass in one end, so kind of useless unless you want a bad 14" f13-ish half of a Rapid Rect.

I've picked it up a hundred times before and wondered about it. So, yesterday I measured the empty space and went upstairs to see what might be possible. There was a front element from a little projection petzval that was within a millimeter of being the right size, so I installed the glass in the glassless front of the Walzl / Euryscop.

Put it on the camera and I had a very nice, fast, 155mm slightly soft f4 lens with lovely bokeh. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Since it was so fast I figured I'd put it on my 4X5 Graflex Series B. Looked great but won't go in far enough to focus at infinity. So I made the pictures of my muse, la puta negra and went to work on her many salacious angles. Hand held all. 1/235th second. It'll focus at about 10 feet away and closer.

I used Kodak 4127 Commercial film and developed in my usual PyroCatechol. not a bad afternoon's work.

Show us your frankenlens work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img387s.jpg   img386s.jpg   img388s.jpg   img392s.jpg